Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking about making a trip, about 2 hours round trip, to get a bunch of CoM Compost, nowhere ib my town carries or produces a really good compost that I've found. But, new grow shop in town does have Build a Soil 3.0, Light, Oly, and Malibu living soil blends for the same as on the BaS website (minus shipping). Might just use that and save the gas. @Lil Dab prices at stores here are a little higher, but I guess you are a bit closer to Maine than I am.

Yeah it's worth it my buddies buddy was up in Maine last year and bought a pallet cause it was even cheaper up there... I know the ONE time I bought some on amazon during winter (it can be difficult to find that time of year) i think i paid like 35-40$ for Stonington blend...

Last edited:
I hired one of those to trim up the maple in my back yard.

I told the guy, don't spike my tree, I don't want it rotting or insect issues. he says no problem.

So I hire this guy, and he's like the helper on a regular tree crew, and a friend of my neighbor. He brings along another guy. First they don't show up for 4 hours because someone forgot a climbing harness or some crap. Then, they refuse to get further than about 20 feet off the ground and won't trim up any dead limbs. Then the helper throws an absolute shit fit that I won't let him wear his spikes.

"we use them all the time when doing work"

yeah dude, on trees you are cutting down, not on live ones you are trimming up.

Then he had th nerve to insult my dad, who is a retired arborist and went to school for it and worked in the field 30 years. "Why doesn't he get up here." IDK man, probably because he's 62 and is on dialysis.

I finally just told them to get the hell off my tree. I gave him half of what I'd agreed to and told him when he came back and get the brush he'd cut out of the tree, I'd give him the other half. Of course he never came and got the brush.
I install a top-rope first, using a heaving line and throw-weight to pull up my climbing rope. If the tree is a keeper I go up the doubled rope using foot-lock method, or occasionally SRT. I love trees.

Fuck that let em go and pluck off ones u see with tweezers! U are close enough to done u wont have finished seeds by then no how! Them single nanners don’t wind up pollinating whole plant anyways just make few seeds here n there!
Sweet i was wondering that curious if more will just come back though? I haven't chopped was waiting for some opinions:d5::toke::thanks:

In my place now we have window units (120AC) in my room, my wife's room and the living room...rare that we have to turn on the living room AC cause our units cooling meets in the middle.
I gotta pull my lil window unit to install this tomorrow! Keep HOA from bitching again!
image.jpg

Also going off the old ashrae ratings this unit is 10,000btu vs 5k for window! Think its 7,000 by new standard of measurement! Got 90 days so if it makes hot pockets (not the snack ;)) i will return it and pay the extra $150 to get the dual hose unit!

They want to put a handler in the basement and run ducts around the perimeter into the 1st floor rooms and put another handler in the attic to run ducts to the 2nd story rooms. I think they want to do ducts basically for the bathrooms
After owning a few rental properties, doing a bit of flipping on others....all I can attest to is that the devil is the contract, if it's not SPECIFICALLY spelled out in the contract and there's a problem....youve given them too much wiggle room to get out of owning up to it. Caveat Emptor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back