Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlicensed, uninsured, fly-by-night tree trimming and removal.

I hired one of those to trim up the maple in my back yard.

I told the guy, don't spike my tree, I don't want it rotting or insect issues. he says no problem.

So I hire this guy, and he's like the helper on a regular tree crew, and a friend of my neighbor. He brings along another guy. First they don't show up for 4 hours because someone forgot a climbing harness or some crap. Then, they refuse to get further than about 20 feet off the ground and won't trim up any dead limbs. Then the helper throws an absolute shit fit that I won't let him wear his spikes.

"we use them all the time when doing work"

yeah dude, on trees you are cutting down, not on live ones you are trimming up.

Then he had th nerve to insult my dad, who is a retired arborist and went to school for it and worked in the field 30 years. "Why doesn't he get up here." IDK man, probably because he's 62 and is on dialysis.

I finally just told them to get the hell off my tree. I gave him half of what I'd agreed to and told him when he came back and get the brush he'd cut out of the tree, I'd give him the other half. Of course he never came and got the brush.

Its really easy. I've installed both a Senville and a Pioneer. Both are made by Midea. Unless you buy a mitsu or other name brand unit, you are buying a Midea or Gree rebrand. But no big deal, both are good units. I've had both for over 5 years now with no problems. And as cheap as they are, I can afford to replace them 4 times over compared to what an HVAC guy wants to install a mistubishi unit.
Absolutly.....bought and installed a 3 ton unit system in my last house I sold for less than 1/4 of what I was being qouted....used the qoute to get manufacturer name of the unit they were going to install, looked em up on the net and bought it direct, with shipping it was 20 buck less than 1/4 of their price. Just had to meet the truck in my driveway, back my pickup to it and help lift gat into my bed. Me and 2 friends pulled old unit out and set new unit in the next day.

I told the guy, don't spike my tree, I don't want it rotting or insect issues. he says no problem.

So I hire this guy, and he's like the helper on a regular tree crew, and a friend of my neighbor. He brings along another guy. First they don't show up for 4 hours because someone forgot a climbing harness or some crap. Then, they refuse to get further than about 20 feet off the ground and won't trim up any dead limbs. Then the helper throws an absolute shit fit that I won't let him wear his spikes.

Then he had th nerve to insult my dad, who is a retired arborist and went to school for it and worked in the field 30 years. "Why doesn't he get up here." IDK man, probably because he's 62 and is on dialysis.

I finally just told them to get the hell off my tree. I gave him half of what I'd agreed to and told him when he came back and get the brush he'd cut out of the tree, I'd give him the other half. Of course he never came and got the brush.
Psh, my gpa would climb up to trim his trees on an extra tall extension ladder with his o2 tank strapped to his back, no excuses 🤣🤣 (jk obviously but yes he absolutely did that)

Yeah, those guys are only good if you got a dead tree you need taken down.

Psh, my gpa would climb up to trim his trees on an extra tall extension ladder with his o2 tank strapped to his back, no excuses 🤣🤣 (jk obviously but yes he absolutely did that)
We do what we gotta do to get it done...it's called being a man

In an old house, ducted just doesn't make sense to me, unless its spectacularly easy to run ducting for some reason.

My house was built in the 1920s, and there was no way to get enough return air from the 2nd story. My upstairs was always hot until I installed a separate mini split for upstairs.

I'm not sure where you are in the country, but unless you are above zone 5 or so, I would be fine with good heat pumps, anymore they are good to -20.
They want to put a handler in the basement and run ducts around the perimeter into the 1st floor rooms and put another handler in the attic to run ducts to the 2nd story rooms. I think they want to do ducts basically for the bathrooms

I was there 3 days ago! When i met this guy!
View attachment 1575351

He said he has a small building or is gonna make a small space to basically make himself the tx worm ranch replacement! That was his plan a few days ago but hasn’t actually started putting that plan into action!
That should work well. He seems to have a good handle on things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back