Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Promix is all i use now, easy and cheap! i would give coco a shot if it was at walmart or cheaper online but it is what it is.
I did an outdoor grow with pro-mix a few years back. It was actually my first grow, and I didn't know what I was doing. I got some bud and learned some stuff (mostly about mold and pests). The ProMix seemed to work well in the large SIP I used. The Auto PK plants got about six feet high, and would have produced well had the mold not forced early chop.

I tried SS#4, a similar soil-less peat mix in my second indoor grow, but it didn't go well. Ditto for my DIY soil mix in the following grow. Both produced reasonable amounts of good bud, but plant health later on was not what I hope for. I am back to coco for now, but might consider trying promix in my ~1gallon pots at some point to see how that compares with coco. If this grow keeps the plants reasonably healthy until chop, I will likely be sticking with coco.

Happy growing mate, if promix is working well for you, stick with it. IMO. :biggrin:

I think the seahorse pro still uses the quartz tips, which are replaceable, not cleanable. The one NAG shared above has cleanable ceramic tips.
I'm not sure which i would want but i know the tips interchange between the models so that is cool.

Do it! i'm on my 2nd bag of 1 part MC but i think i may try jacks out next time i need more feed. i hear good things about jacks and i like to try new things
Jack's is good stuff, that is what I have gone to after MCII and a couple other options. It allows more flexibility in your nute mix than one part MCII does. I considered MC two part, but could not get it in less than 25lb size here, so I went with Jack's. Jack's 321 mix is close to the same thing as 2 part MC.

You can go with 321 from planting to harvest, or Jack's also produces specialized mixes that can be added for germination, bloom, and finishing. I went the whole sequence in this grow, and so far the grow seems to be the best I have done.

Happy growing mate. :pighug:

I did an outdoor grow with pro-mix a few years back. It was actually my first grow, and I didn't know what I was doing. I got some bud and learned some stuff (mostly about mold and pests). The ProMix seemed to work well in the large SIP I used. The Auto PK plants got about six feet high, and would have produced well had the mold not forced early chop.

I tried SS#4, a similar soil-less peat mix in my second indoor grow, but it didn't go well. Ditto for my DIY soil mix in the following grow. Both produced reasonable amounts of good bud, but plant health later on was not what I hope for. I am back to coco for now, but might consider trying promix in my ~1gallon pots at some point to see how that compares with coco. If this grow keeps the plants reasonably healthy until chop, I will likely be sticking with coco.

Happy growing mate, if promix is working well for you, stick with it. IMO. :biggrin:
Happy Growing!

Right! it works so i stick to it but I'm sure coco gives the same results if not better. i just have not walked the coco path yet but from what i see they are very comparable to each other so.

For me soil and organic soil growing gets pricey and the troubles are hard to pinpoint for me so i keep away unless its all i have to work with. i did enjoy my soil growing rewards, just not for me.

If you have never grown with a night time how do you know it could not have been better stankier danker? :rofl: I can really only speak to the one side by side I did before I came over to AFN. I got kicked off the other site for preaching topping autos. They dumped all my posts so I have no record of the grow. I was told that people depended on their crops for their entire income and I was going to send them to the poorhouse by preaching bad information. Jeez I am glad I found this place where it is ok to have different ideas.
I grow 19/5 now. Aside from the difference in results due to the new light, my results were the same as when I grew 24/0. I changed the light cycle to avoid peak power cost times.

@mdabber. Not sure why I can't get it in the other chat but here the Blackstrap + Voodoo bubble
20230108_231515.jpg

Hey man how long u think til this photo dude is dropping loads?? Trying to figure out how long til i need to move it into the office! :d5:
View attachment 1554130View attachment 1554131View attachment 1554132

Uhm........ teenage boy plant.

Pretty sure I was trying to talk him outta switching from one method to another….and just focusing on perfecting one style. IMO all the experimenting folks do comes at the detriment of their flowers…..some of the time at least. To each their own of course, but sometimes you have to take a step back and refocus on what the goal of your garden is. Are you trying to grow/smoke awesome weed, or are you just trying to try every product and every grow style there is? If the goal is awesome weed, it’s better to pick one style and perfect it. IMO

I try to get new growers to use just one style until they can get a consistent crop then branch out. You know that stoners are better at talking than listening:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back