Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, but as a noob, I'm glad I took the time to try different approaches initially. I'd rate learning about different ways of growing as one of the important objectives of initial grows when a person starts out. Every one of the approaches can work, but the key is that not all growers enjoy the same things. I got high quality bud from every grow, but what I learned was that for me personally, I seem to enjoy being able to easily move my plants around during the grow, both to adjust position in the 'drobe as well as get them on a bench for canopy work. It now seems that I will stick with coco because it will grow big healthy plants in a small pot. It needs extra care with Ca and Mg, but that, for me, is more than offset by the ease with which I can reset a plant with a flush if things start going sideways. With soil, flushing is less effective.

There is a small chance that I might also try soil-less ProMix in the same pots at some point (I love what @Cave Dirt Cody does with ProMix) , but the jury is out on that one. If this grow finishes as well as it seems to be headed, coco will be my tool in future.

Exactly. It is too easy to get sucked into buying fancy stuff that is not really needed. Guess how I know... :pighug: :biggrin:
Promix is all i use now, easy and cheap! i would give coco a shot if it was at walmart or cheaper online but it is what it is.

Promix is all i use now, easy and cheap! i would give coco a shot if it was at walmart or cheaper online but it is what it is.

U can get blocks of it cheap at home depot or at pet stores! U gotta fluff it, rinse it, and then buffer it but i got a pack of 5 blocks last time i got it! When i made my own soil i added 1/2 block per cu ft or so! No idea if it helped! :shrug: :rofl:

U can get blocks of it cheap at home depot or at pet stores! U gotta fluff it, rinse it, and then buffer it but i got a pack of 5 blocks last time i got it! When i made my own soil i added 1/2 block per cu ft or so! No idea if it helped! :shrug: :rofl:
I looked and found 3 small blocks at a petstore i used for my mushroom growing but i would tons of coco for how i grow, it just is not worth it (to me)

I looked and found 3 small blocks at a petstore i used for my mushroom growing but i would tons of coco for how i grow, it just is not worth it (to me)
That’s why peeps usually do coco in smaller pots! U can reuse coco many times tho so it kinda makes cost a lil more reasonable! Soil u gotta replenish food etc after every grow but coco u can just rinse it good without taking it out the pot i believe….not sure as i never used it! ;)

but shiiiiit promix is gold! cheap and works good for me, i ph my megacrop to 6.0 and plants grow as long as i don't overfeed them lol like cage plant
Fuck it i may just get some MC to go into reservoir next grow and call it good! :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back