Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
71e5d+92qKL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

It even says on the back, 150ppm for hydroponics

1 ppm is 1ml/L

3.7 liters to a gallon

So 3.7 ml x 150 = 555ml to a gallon of water.

Wait. There is no way.

Someone tell me I'm wrong on this.
Test a gallon of plain water. Add 2ml and test again. Subject and divide by 2 and that'll tell you what it is per ml/gal. I'd bet it's something like 3-5ml/gal

Do you use vitamin c powder to get Clor out the tap...I add a tiny amount and have test for it and soon as I add it...it's gone the test comes back negative... @Mañ'O'Green suggested this..I also add hydroguard and yucca powder to all my water....and bubble the tap for 24hr...works great I use teah down its natural way...and works great..you can get a shit ton for cheap.....tealab.com just putting it out there....I've had perfect water this way....ppm 200 ph 6-6.7
My water hangs around 180ppm and 7.2pH. I have 2 or 3 5gal buckets in rotation, so no need for bubbling or pH adjustments. I bring my water temps up to anywhere in the 70s and then add 1/4 teaspoon of the high quality humic acid to 5gal rate. Once a week, I add EM1 to the rez water. I played with other ferments in the last run that seemed to work well. It’s just a refinement/enhancement.
Don't worry that much about pH. Just a plain dilution to get it under 200ppm should be perfectly fine. Just making sure it's not crazy outta whack will work fine.
As with other organic grows, it's not an exact science, but heavily based in science. In EBs with a nute bank, ya just give the girl her food and SHE picks out what SHE wants from the bank. That's the beauty of the 'two root systems' the EBs develop. In a regular style pot, you can force nute uptake by the VPD. In an EB, the girl will just mainly take up water from the rez at the wicking areas.
I think it just lets the girl fully express her self naturally. The natural end of life fade is just one of the things I love with this method of growing.

Your most important hurdle in an EB grow is turning on the rez. Jrs are much easier and quicker to get to this point with the wicking areas close to the center planting of the girl. With watering your seedling like it was in a regular pot until the roots are well established for 12 days for really vigorous girls to 21 days for less vigorous, will get you to that point. With in reason, in Jrs, you can slightly overwater the seedling. The 'extra' water will go into the wicking area and so will the roots, the remainder of the water will be taken up by all the other media.
I think the girl's canopy covers the box from side to side is the time you can begin to add water to the rez. On Jrs, I start with a quart for the first two or three cycles, with a short dry rez period between waterings. When it drinks that in 24hrs, go to half-gallon for a few cycles. Once it drinks that in 24 hours, she gets the full gallon.

Regulars take longer and I'm a bit more cautious in watering the seedling itself and stick to 'normal' watering. I do add water directly on top of the wicking areas to help the roots find it better/sooner. I tend to let the girl get slightly bigger than covering the side to side. Timing to add water to the rez in a Regular is as early as 18 days and about 24 days. Same 'building up' to filling the rez and I only add 2 gal at the max.

I think I'm gonna add this post to my current thread for those that may be following the grow. Good info!

We still pumped for tonight? Nervous?

We're in intermission, waiting for act 2 which is the act she's in. I'm 100% gonna cry lmao. They announced today that next spring's show will be Cinderella so getting myself mentally prepared for that lmfao. She seemed fine on her way here, sounded like the nervous is mostly gone and she's just straight up excited now lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back