Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was just a stoner thought.. If you are currently on say a 18/6 schedule, meeting the dli in 18, does the plant look for that 6hours before seeing light again and restarting the dli clock?

My timer can be adjusted to a less than 24 hour day, so there would be no loss of sleep for me, or need to travel to another planet, lol
Honestky all kidding aside I think it's a pretty cool idea.
I have no idea so pardon the 15 year old lurking in my brain.
What would be really interesting is to get a plant clone it and run the 2 clones or 4 under both sets of conditions simultaneously.

Back of matchbook 2 hrs/day saved so 24 hours gained in 12 days?
you'd save 6 days in a 72 day run??

Or does it have nothing to do with that and it's just a function of time overall and not light cycles idk

Last edited:
I have often wondered if I could grow an Auto in half the time by running 8/4. My lights are plenty strong enough to provide 60 DLI in 8 hours?

I am going to think about the logistics of this and maybe give it a go.
So your telling me you think a 60-70 day auto could be grown in 30-40 days :yoinks::pop: sign me up would love to watch that show very interesting that is some intense lighting :cools: If anyone could do it it would be you :toke:
That is precisely what I was getting at, what resets the DLI clock?

yeah i should check those out, problem is I love smoking. I have a nice vape that attaches to my glass bong, but I still prefer to smoke it. just need to get into a new mindset/
What vape is it? Not all vapes are created equal. I mean if you like being instantly stupid high dabbing maybe be for you. But if your looking to save your lungs I'd say light vaping bud and kief for taste, edibles for high dosages. My non doctor two cents. Id still try a dab once if you never did one and love canna especially hash. Thing is if you tolerance break for a few weeks and get a really efficient vape like the arizer solo 2, you will get stoned off .1 in the solo. If you only use the vape it conserves bud. I'd get the pvhes with it tho because it gives more airflow. But you need to just do deep long breaths off the solo. But I'd get a vape and enjoy all the different flavors lightly and do edibles to save lungs with a nice dab every now and again. With only .1 you can try lots of different bud five to ten bowls off a gram

I have often wondered if I could grow an Auto in half the time by running 8/4. My lights are plenty strong enough to provide 60 DLI in 8 hours?

I am going to think about the logistics of this and maybe give it a go.
Im not sure it would grow in half the time maybe faster, but it would have to be able to utilize 100% of the light in that time, the real question is can plants photosythesize at a rate that would allow it to grow twice as fast.

It was just a stoner thought.. If you are currently on say a 18/6 schedule, meeting the dli in 18, does the plant look for that 6hours before seeing light again and restarting the dli clock?

My timer can be adjusted to a less than 24 hour day, so there would be no loss of sleep for me, or need to travel to another planet, lol
I have seen a lot of healthy grows done with 20/4 schedule. This was mostly years ago before our lights became efficient like they are today. So it would seem that a 4 hour night might be ok.

I need to do the math.

Honestky all kidding aside I think it's a pretty cool idea.
I have no idea so pardon the 15 year old lurking in my brain.
What would be really interesting is to get a plant clone it and run the 2 clones or 4 under both sets of conditions simultaneously.

Back of matchbook 2 hrs/day saved so 24 hours gained in 12 days?
you'd save 6 days in a 72 day run??
Well you cannot effectively clone autos?

Well you cannot effectively clone autos?
Screenshot_20230108_192446_Chrome.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back