Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna try a couple different methods I think. Dig up a few more and trim, then plant and trim, tuck into cubes and put in dome. Just to experiment.

Fort reluctant roots and stubborn clones...grandfather always used to say...give them sonething sweet to come out for....:watering:....1 teaspoon of dissolved sugar to pint of watter........

Last edited:
Guys, check out who I ran into last night! Keanu Reeves and Laurence Fishburne!

1677931228422.png

They said they were shooting the matrix 5.

My wife picked up these chocolate bars last week at the dispensary.

She gave me a piece of this churro chocolate shit last night. Like 20 minutes later I'm like ooooh this is nice, my belly is all warm and I'm feeling tingly. And then before I knew it, I was higher than giraffe balls. I went to bed at 9:30 on a friday night.

Here's a thought. Could you say just get your bags of soil in advance , open them up and toss in a pot popper and let it do it's thing. Would they just multiply and continue to eat/infect them till the souls clean. THEN put the soil in your pots already with a serious healthy population of nematodes
In order for the gnat eggs in the soil to hydrate, grow and hatch into larvae(that the nematodes and bTi can eradicate) the soil must be wet, freshly watered. What I do is make up the pots with soil at least 2 weeks in advance of planting seeds/seedlings, allowing enough time for the eggs to hatch, about 1 week, and then apply the nematodes and bTi. That should prophylactically address any fungus gnat issue you could have had from infested soil. Without any larvae in the soil the nematodes will die off.

It has been a long time, but I read an article awhile back about using dry nitrogen to displace oxygen for cannabis storage and it said the nitrogen decreased terps somehow. Argon displaces oxygen better from what I remember from welding classes.
Yep I hear that and it's still the go to gas for some welding, coming from a 30 day wonder at the union hall lol

In order for the gnat eggs in the soil to hydrate, grow and hatch into larvae(that the nematodes and bTi can eradicate) the soil must be wet, freshly watered. What I do is make up the pots with soil at least 2 weeks in advance of planting seeds/seedlings, allowing enough time for the eggs to hatch, about 1 week, and then apply the nematodes and bTi. That should prophylactically address any fungus gnat issue you could have had from infested soil. Without any larvae in the soil the nematodes will die off.

Since switching to 50/50 coco / soil and then topping with a little more coco, I've had zero gnat issues.

Ok, I lied. I have. But it came from top dressing later on with some worm poop that must have had gnat eggs in it.

I only mentioned it in that I have opened bags of FFHF soil which was literally teaming with fungus gnats which just kills me considering what they charge for the stuff.
Other times like you say I see nothing for a week or more which is why I now apply Bti immediately to my keg cups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back