Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
@DCLXVI Possibly back for a minute! :crying:
Thank you for the rep bro!! Much appreciated!:d5::smoking::bighug:

Now to open a can o worms!:rofl:

Just like a pit pony, I have earned my place in the sun and now can gallop around in grassy meadows.
I've done my heavy lifting and my legacy remains in the posts I have made in the past, which still help people out to this day,when they need some good advice.

I have been coming to AFN since the start, when there were only around 20 members but just as a lurker initially, as I was modding another canna forum at the time!
I then moved to AFN full time and in that time I have held a number of post in the Mod family!

I was heavily involved in the Auto/Bud Warriors and helped manage a majority of the Live Interviews, one of which was the AFN members interviewing me, It's still there in the Live Interviews section, for all to read!

There were times I worked my finger to the bone supporting AFN and it's members often putting in 16 hour days!
I tell you this because many people have no idea of my sacrifices for the common good of the forum.

I have seen literally 100's of members come and go and many of them are now not with us because they are now breeders and seed sellers!
Many just left and never returned, for what reason, I guess we will never know why.
My thinking is they learned their grow skills here and then went to play with the big kids on larger forums.
In this modern world of social media it seems loyalty counts for nothing and it is easy to just throw away those, who gave you a leg up and taught you how to grow!
Many people owe their grow skills, to AFN and that is just a fact!

I still keep coming back, unlike many of the Ex-AFN'ers, who I no longer ever see here.
I was here when Mephisto were in their infancy and I won their secret santa for all my work I gave supporting them.
I think their story in still in AFN somewhere and is well worth a read.

These days I come and go as I please and leave the hard work to those newer and often younger members.
I of course salute all the old timers who are still here doing great work such as Mossy, Blue and Waira and all other Mods, who are true old skool AFN OG's!!:salute:

I thought I would mention the above, as there are many members who are relative new comers, even if they have been here a few years.
The reason why?? Well when I do pop up, I often get remarks about me popping up and disappearing, or how I am like a satellite with an elliptical orbit, so now you know why.

You could say I'm in my dotage or out to pasture but the truth is I have many hobbies and interests that take up my time!

Currently I am studying mushroom cultivation, which gets quite deep into the science of mycology and I still have a lot to learn.
I am also looking at starting a medicinal mushroom growing business, I already have people who want to buy Lions Mane from me, which is good start.
So I'm currently buying mushroom growing equipment, with which to grow with and it is not cheap.
Have you seen the price of Laminar Flow Hoods? They aint cheap, let alone all the other stuff like autoclaves etc!

So if a minute or hour or what ever, is all I have to give right now, then in the words of Ricky - that's just the way she goes boys, the way she goes!
1677936521629.png

:headbang: I will always remain an AFNer in heart & spirit!!:headbang:
:weed:Viva la FN and all that grow in her!:weed:

Last edited:
You could say I'm in my dotage or out to pasture but the truth is I have many hobbies and interests that take up my time!

And here's me Thinking it is just 'til you run out of shrooms............... :pighug:

Currently I am studying mushroom cultivation, which gets quite deep into the science of mycology and I still have a lot to learn.
I am also looking at starting a medicinal mushroom growing business, I already have people who want to buy Lions Mane from me, which is good start.
So I'm currently buying mushroom growing kit with which to grow with and it is not cheap.

Good Luck with it @arty zan
ting.gif

Did you ever see the mushrooms growing in washing baskets vid....I Thought they were Amazing.....................:headbang:

1677937441853.png

And here's me Thinking it is just 'til you run out of shrooms............... :pighug:

Good Luck with it @arty zan View attachment 1570454

Did you ever see the mushrooms growing in washing baskets vid....I Thought they were Amazing.....................:headbang:
Thank for the kind words of encouragement!!:bighug::headbang:
Yes I did see it, it is mostly suited to "side growers", like oyster mushrooms.
You need proper ventilation to the outdoors, as oyster mushrooms produce insane amounts of spores, which can be hazardous to health.
Breathing in tons of spores at goo for you! A respirator is a must when mushroom farming, when they are fruiting and near to harvest.
For those who haven't see Laundry Basket Tek here's some pics!
BTW any slighlty different way of growing mushroom is called a "Tek" slang for technique.
It does my head in, imagine if it was the same way with growing canna, we would call Fimming "Fimming Tek" or low stress training, would be "LST Tek" But it is what it is and none of my irascible grousing is gonna change that!:crying:

First Oyster mushrooms Spores
1677937958717.png

Oyster mushroom spores dangling from the fruits.
Their spores are produce in such numbers they can clog extraction fans in not correctly sized and cause burn out of the fan motor!
So you really don;'t want to breathing them in, or you may eand as one of the shroom zombies in "The Las of US"!
1677938271431.png

Mushroom Zombie from "The Last of Us"! Don't worry it is total Sci-Fi nonsense and isn't possible. Our bodies are too complex, unlike ants and caterpillars, which can succumb to cordyceps infestation.

1677938479670.png
1677938499556.png

Cordyceps fungus in caterpillars
The caterpillar fungus, Ophiocordyceps sinensis, is the world's most valuable parasite. It's a relative of the tropical fungus that turns ants into zombies, but unlike its infamous cousin, it is found only on the Tibetan plateau, where it infects the larvae of ghost moths

1677938587521.png
1677938607892.png

Cordyceps fungus in ants

Laundry Basket Tek
1677938796592.png
1677938883372.png

This Tek, is suited to "Side Growing" mushrooms, such as oyster mushrooms , as opposed to "Top Growers" such as button mushrooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back