Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only social media I have, other then here, is discord. I got it for Rocbud drops. And like half of it is just people making f1s of mephisto, night owl, and Rocbud crosses and selling them. I'd be furious if somebody's did that to anything I made and cut me in half on top of it. But the larger breeders are basically brands at this point. A lot of them release more sweatshirt varieties then strains these days
There is a hell of a lot of time, cost, and effort in serious breeding of this plant. Effectively breeding autos to high F numbers involves months of work and hundreds of plants. Us home "breeders" can't match that level of effort, especially in terms of the numbers of plants we can work with, particularly with regard to breeding autoflowers, which is a different project than selecting regular phenos.

I expect that the gong show out there at the moment is deeply discouraging for Mephisto and others that have put in the effort. Using their genetics for commercial breeding without permission is serious theft. One of the things I really appreciate with Mephisto is their full disclosure of where their source genetics came from, and the fact, or at least the strong appearance, that all genetics used were with the knowledge and permission of the original sources. And they list the generation numbers, unlike most breeders. I don't do F1 unless I made them or a friend did and gave them to me.

One downside of the current situation is that the real breeders have little incentive to supply seeds from older strains, like, for example, Mephisto 24 Carat. The only game left for them is to come up with new stuff that can't (yet) be obtained anywhere else. I expect to see a lot of operations to go down in the next few years, it must be pretty hard to make money nowadays as a real breeder. We can all help by being selective about where we buy seeds, even to the point of checking to make sure that if another breeder's genetics were used, that it was done with permission. Just my two cents, as always. :pighug:

If u reuse soil and want ultimate soil pest dwelling control get these! They are killer and worth the cost! :thumbsup:

Had the same happen. I won't use cheap store brand soggy wet compost again. I won't touch it unless the bag is totally sealed and its dry. And even then, I immediately inoculate with mosquito bits
I have just gone back to brick coco, partly for the pests reason. I have not had a single gnat or other pest bother either of my two serious coco grows. If I go back to soil, I will put it together indoors with components that I trust to be free of bugs, but at this point, I think I will be sticking with coco. It grows good weed easily with automated top or sub irrigation, and my 4x4 grows more nice bud that I can ever use, so lots is left for gifting to friends. :pighug:

Luckily I learned in my first grow what bud rot looks like. Didn't know it had a smell though, it was a patio plant. Cola leaves turned yellow from the inside out. And would just pull out with ease.
Oh really. I wonder if thats whats going on with my watermelon zkittles, it really turned brown after drying and its developing a pretty nasty odor while curing. Ive actually been afraid to smoke it, was gonna start a thread about it soon but I keep forgetting about it

Well, my buddy is getting hit with a storm with a wind impact of 9.7, whatever that is but it's red. I hope it can die down in a hundred miles.
This son of a bitch looks pretty big though. :face:

I have just gone back to brick coco, partly for the pests reason. I have not had a single gnat or other pest bother either of my two serious coco grows. If I go back to soil, I will put it together indoors with components that I trust to be free of bugs, but at this point, I think I will be sticking with coco. It grows good weed easily with automated top or sub irrigation, and my 4x4 grows more nice bud that I can ever use, so lots is left for gifting to friends. :pighug:
I've been using 50/50 coco and soil, and then I add a little more coco on top to keep the gnats out.

It drains very well, I water once a day and it will retain water until the following day. But even seedlings need some water every day or they will dry out fast. I feel like my plants are doing better and growing faster than in straight soil, but they still have some compost / soil in there for amendments that my nutrients might not have.

I am dealing with a slight gnat infestation right now, I top dressed with some worm casings from my worm farm. I feed them all of the big water leaf trimmings throughout each grow, and they give me back wonderful nitrogen rich poo to use to grow more. They also get a pizza box now and then. Well, I guess some gnats got into that. So I watered today with some water that had mosquito bits soaked in it over night, and I hung a fly strip in the tent.

Well, my buddy is getting hit with a storm with a wind impact of 9.7, whatever that is but it's red. I hope it can die down in a hundred miles.
This son of a bitch looks pretty big though. :face:

I already told my wife I'm sleeping on the couch in my office tonight. My office has a metal roof, and I sleep like a baby with rain on the metal roof right above me like that.

Oh really. I wonder if thats whats going on with my watermelon zkittles, it really turned brown after drying and its developing a pretty nasty odor while curing. Ive actually been afraid to smoke it, was gonna start a thread about it soon but I keep forgetting about it

br manifestz itself from the inside out, so u hafta literally pry the budz apart to see it....jus sayin ;) ppp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back