Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
:yeahthat: That's my theory anymore:d5::toke:
I took a gamble with my last bag of happy frog. Not to get ahead of the gnats this bag was clean. Got lucky cause every other bag I got had gnats in it. I havent seen a gnat in like six months. knock on wood.
1677802277262.gif

FG love new sprouts and devour their tiny little early roots. Might want to wait a day or two after implementing control measures…..
Those little buggers shut one of my grows down. They are death on seedling roots. The larvae seem to be able to smell roots and go get em. I found a bunch of larvae literally crowded around a seedling's roots two days after I checked it and found none. All my seedlings were having trouble, so I gave up and consigned the entire grow to the outdoor compost pile. Outdoor compost was the source of my problem, it will never come into an indoor grow again. :pighug:

Those little buggers shut one of my grows down. They are death on seedling roots. The larvae seem to be able to smell roots and go get em. I found a bunch of larvae literally crowded around a seedling's roots two days after I checked it and found none. All my seedlings were having trouble, so I gave up and consigned the entire grow to the outdoor compost pile. Outdoor compost was the source of my problem, it will never come into an indoor grow again. :pighug:

Had the same happen. I won't use cheap store brand soggy wet compost again. I won't touch it unless the bag is totally sealed and its dry. And even then, I immediately inoculate with mosquito bits

I do this after checking for mold/bud rot during late flower....
Luckily I learned in my first grow what bud rot looks like. Didn't know it had a smell though, it was a patio plant. Cola leaves turned yellow from the inside out. And would just pull out with ease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back