Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I have a question for all you guys running worm bins.
I've been kicking the idea around seems like a tin of great benefits.
Now outdoors growing I'm not worried..
But indoors I'm concerned about introducing bugs/pests to a controlled environment with no existing natural predators.
More than once I've had indoor grows wiped out b4 I realized what hit me...

I hear stuff like leaf mold and compost as well as neem cake and malted barley has amazing results on the plants from the podcast cannabis cultivation and science by the person that runs KIS organics.

Do you introduce pests with vermicomposting is this a concern or am I over thinking this?

What do you use for worm bins?
I think @WildBill is/was a worm farmer. Maybe @JM Also @KIS is a member here :thumbsup:

Hey I have a question for all you guys running worm bins.
I've been kicking the idea around seems like a tin of great benefits.
Now outdoors growing I'm not worried..
But indoors I'm concerned about introducing bugs/pests to a controlled environment with no existing natural predators.
More than once I've had indoor grows wiped out b4 I realized what hit me...

I hear stuff like leaf mold and compost as well as neem cake and malted barley has amazing results on the plants from the podcast cannabis cultivation and science by the person that runs KIS organics.

Do you introduce pests with vermicomposting is this a concern or am I over thinking this?

What do you use for worm bins?
You don't have bug problems with a properly managed worm bin. You have LOTS of GOOD bugs.

I think @WildBill is/was a worm farmer. Maybe @JM Also @KIS is a member here :thumbsup:
@Kirka88
ALWAYS couple an organic program with IPM (Integrated Pest Management) so that the SYSTEM you are using keeps pests down.

This means good trace mineral nutrition and biology and good environment... additionally, I'd run some neem cake in your soil mixes as that will help disrupt
their reproductive and life cycles. There's a great podcast on this specifically... lemme dig it up...

:pass:

@Kirka88
ALWAYS couple an organic program with IPM (Integrated Pest Management) so that the SYSTEM you are using keeps pests down.

This means good trace mineral nutrition and biology and good environment... additionally, I'd run some neem cake in your soil mixes as that will help disrupt
their reproductive and life cycles. There's a great podcast on this specifically... lemme dig it up...

:pass:
I have heard amazing stuff about neem cakes and what it does for the plants.
I just heard #7 I'm working my way thru them all lol

Oh Jeeeez! I forgot that Opie's spastic brother is in this movie!
Ya know that ugly fugger was in an early Star Trek episode!:gassy::rofl:
tumblr_mcdxa9qa6Z1qeioqxo3_250.gif

I have heard amazing stuff about neem cakes and what it does for the plants.
I just heard #7 I'm working my way thru them all lol
just finished 20 yeasterday... catching up at 2X when at work... lol
good info in that podcast.... and so far... Kis Organics products are QUALITY and not that expensive for the quality.
Anyone not running a little neem cake in soil grows, should be... improves everything! I can go on for hours about Azadirachta Indica!

As many of you may know, I had an ongoing problem with fungus gnats. I finally got a hold of some neem cake and have been neem drenching with my waterings and the fungus not population is dropping rapidly. I would say inside of 2 weeks from the start of application. I should be completely fungus gnat free, and the plants are starting to show the results of being happier and healthier

PXL_20230302_214236054.MP.jpg
PXL_20230302_214240473.jpg
PXL_20230302_214243608.jpg
PXL_20230302_214246904.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back