Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a matter of honor I would never consider buying anything from someone that openly steals someone else's hard work. That is just me!

Agreed. Plenty of collaboration projects already on the up and up between breeders.

I am not nearly well versed enough in canna history to know a lot of background for some of the companies and characters.

Hey I have a question for all you guys running worm bins.
I've been kicking the idea around seems like a tin of great benefits.
Now outdoors growing I'm not worried..
But indoors I'm concerned about introducing bugs/pests to a controlled environment with no existing natural predators.
More than once I've had indoor grows wiped out b4 I realized what hit me...

I hear stuff like leaf mold and compost as well as neem cake and malted barley has amazing results on the plants from the podcast cannabis cultivation and science by the person that runs KIS organics.

Do you introduce pests with vermicomposting is this a concern or am I over thinking this?

What do you use for worm bins?

You better call Scotty to see if he can give ya a bit more!:biggrin: :rofl:
I just made a little simple bite to eat.
I call it WildBill's Spicy Smoked Unicorn Blaster.:gassy::funny::funny::funny:

Very simple, slice n dice my smoked pork loin, in a bowl of rice with a spicy BBQ sauce, good dash of Green chili sauce, a tea spoon of Smart Balance Omega and a generous bit of infused coca butter. I'm washing that down with a Shiner 1909 beer.
Bloodrayne: The Third Reich is cued up.
Nazis N Vampires and WildBill's Spicy Smoked Unicorn Blaster with a Shiner 1909 beer........I'm gonna need a cigarette after this.

edit...............the only way this could be better..............if Russ Myers had directed it.:eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::rofl:

But indoors I'm concerned about introducing bugs/pests to a controlled environment with no existing natural predators.

I hear stuff like leaf mold and compost as well as neem cake and malted barley has amazing results on the plants from the podcast cannabis cultivation and science by the person that runs KIS organics.

Do you introduce pests with vermicomposting is this a concern or am I over thinking this?

I don't have any and the only worms I have used are what came with my COM EWC.. But i don't think there is any way around introducing pest just need to be using IPM to control them right from the start.. Mind you I don't really know very little experience but IMPE i plan on the worst case scenario with organics/soil and expect bugs.. Just start treating right out the gate with nematodes and spinosad :shrug::pop:

If you are growing in soil you already have all of the environment bad actors need. You also have learned some lessons on how to control the situation when it arises. So this would not not be much different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back