Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
FB_IMG_1673047032441.jpg

I went for a medical license in Canada due to the plant number limit, not my ability to grow what I need in 4 plants. I want to be able to make seeds, and test strains by doing extra solos, and I can't do that plus make the weed that I want with one annual grow of 4 plants. I am now good for, as I recall, 15, which will allow me to do whatever I need to.

I haven't done a renewal yet, but as I understand it, a new prescription will be issued without cost, and the permit itself is free, if a bit on the slow side. The clinic charged $50 to cover the paperwork, but that was my only cost. The system works. This was through a referral from my GP, not through the online clinics, most of which look like, if not outright scams, at least excessively expensive. :pighug:

i been goin thru the same online clinic down here for a few yearz now....$75 for a 10 min video appt & i never hafta leave the comfort of me swivel rocker :biggrin: and whether medical or full rec, anybody can grow up to 18 plantz here at any time, so....:headbang: ppp

Good morfnoevight all you happy Caturday stoners!

Anu was just chillin
IMG_20221228_131154104.jpg

Ms. MOG says she really missed me while I was in the hospital.

Here's a question. I'm adding Cal mag. I'm running a promix peat potting mix. The directs call for 5 to 8 ml soiless mixes and only 1 ml/gal for soil mixes.
That's a big difference...
I'd say it's soil less but am I right ???
Or is that wrong???

@Kirka88 many if not all soil mixes have Dolomite Lime in them. This is a long release form of calcium and magnesium. In most cases new soil will not need any Cal-Mag additions for a grow.

Hey lil dab I have been meaning to talk to you. You said some things yesterday regarding dabbing that has me curious. I am a long time flower smoker, but starting to develop some lung issues. I would like to start exploring making concentrates and edibles, can you recommend a place to start looking into that. Do you have a good website or book you suggest?
@ScottC In all of the many many edibles I have made over the last 7+ years, rosin infused chocolate is the best. Because rosin averages ~700mg of actives (THC, CBD, CBN, etc) per gram, it is easy to titrate to whatever level best suits your needs. This is a video to show you how I do it.

IMPO Hair straightener is a desperation move and a waste of time, pot and money. If you have some tools and know how to use them you can make a good press for less than $300. Check the link in my signature for DIY press.

I don't know about coco being soul-less, coconut is a pretty magical plant in itself. I spent a good amount of time up coconut trees in remote parts of the Caribbean in my 20's, when I could still climb them bare-handed. The juice of the immature nuts is a tremendous elixir that will cure whatever ails you. The nuts themselves can survive for months floating in salt water until they wash up on a beach somewhere and take root. The humble coconut husk that they grind up to make coco-coir is a remarkable material that can be twisted into rope, woven into mats, and is resistant to rot, which makes it great as a hydroponic medium. Unlike peat, it's a renewable resource. Coir is the main product of many S.Pacific islands. I'd go for nutrient-less for sure, but not soul-less. Can you tell I'm a coco grower?
A later post I made revealed that was a autocorrect mess up, again, it was supposed to be soilless, I should edit that before I am lynched, LOL

LOL I would be growing in coco if I could, I can't have a water/nutes overflow situation in the den, not a drop, so it has to be soil for me.

A later post I made revealed that was a autocorrect mess up, again, it was supposed to be soilless, I should edit that before I am lynched, LOL

LOL I would be growing in coco if I could, I can't have a water/nutes overflow situation in the den, not a drop, so it has to be soil for me.
Plastic flood tray inside the tent will keep everything contained. I have a 3x3 tray in my 4x4 tent and it'll hold a lot more water then I ever have in my rez

I finally gave in and bought a 10 ton dabpress w/ 3x5 plates with the hand pump and somehow got bundled an accessory kit to top it all off for $542 free shipping no tax :headbang:

Now i need to figure out how to use rosin :vibe:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back