Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sour Crack produces a very generous return, somewhere in the vicinty of 25-30%..
View attachment 1553681

I'm happy if the yield is somewhere between 15-20%, as that is most often the case when I press.

:d5:
What temp do you using when your pressing flower? I usually run the hash around 180 Deg F but turn it up to like 190 to 200 for flower. I can't for the life of me figure out how some people get the light blond looking rosin. Mine is always a bit darker. Ive heard its from pressing older flower, the temp, from the ripeness of the trichomes at harvest. Ive tried a lot of different things and can never get the lighter colored rosin.

I don't know about coco being soul-less, coconut is a pretty magical plant in itself. I spent a good amount of time up coconut trees in remote parts of the Caribbean in my 20's, when I could still climb them bare-handed. The juice of the immature nuts is a tremendous elixir that will cure whatever ails you. The nuts themselves can survive for months floating in salt water until they wash up on a beach somewhere and take root. The humble coconut husk that they grind up to make coco-coir is a remarkable material that can be twisted into rope, woven into mats, and is resistant to rot, which makes it great as a hydroponic medium. Unlike peat, it's a renewable resource. Coir is the main product of many S.Pacific islands. I'd go for nutrient-less for sure, but not soul-less. Can you tell I'm a coco grower?
I've tried a bunch of ways to do it, but I am back to coco this round, and I think maybe I will be staying there. It is manageable re. calcium etc., and a hell of a lot more controllable than my soil attempts. At least it can be reset with a flush. Unlike soil, because you can't know what is left in there.

Also, I really like the small light pots. Even with my pretty big girls this round, I can easily and quickly pull them from the drobe, put them on the bench, and do my canopy work while sitting comfortably. Having to do canopy management while pots are crowded in the drobe was frustrating because of the bending over or kneeling required, the difficulty seeing what I was doing, and the unavoidable hair and dust that got onto the plants while being forced to work on them while in the drobe. I may stay with coco for that reason alone, I just enjoy taking care of the plants more this way.

Different strokes eh? :pighug::biggrin:

About the same here. Usually anywhere from 0.8g to 1.3g per 7gs of flower
yup low's around .75g and highest is 1.8g +/-
That's why photos are better for pressing because once you find a heavy yielding strain you can keep her. But autos are better for diversity and outdoor and stealth I guess if you need that.
Yeah but with the auto nowadays they are fast enough you can turn them around faster and grow more plants.. Plus lots of auto cultivars that are known for good extraction %'s

I just took down this Wild Thing F1 photoperiod test run! She was a beast of a plant for being grown out in a 1 gallon pot. I've been having a lot of fun playing with the photoperiods again...
20230105_165453.jpg
20230105_165523.jpg
20230105_165506.jpg
20230105_165551.jpg

For the Missouri-ins (?) Home cultivation licenses starting today

mmm, all fine & good, but i've already planned on keepin my medical goin, becuz it'll be cheaper in the long run :eyebrows: long story short, when full rec passed, it cut the costz for medical by half....so even with the dr appt & the added cultivation authorization, it will now jus cost me $150 every 3 yrz vs $100 every year for a full rec state grower'z license....a simple matter of arithmetic :headbang: :cooldance: ppp

Similar..similar here.... :pass: ...no discs involvement....I just cut through two nerves and the tendon.
One nerve healed the other just kept sending pain messages....permanently...

Fake pain in one way ......but all to Believable pain if you get it.
Pain to slit your Throat to.

Are you Locked in the Pain cycle now......? ..:pass:
I have only experienced pain once that would make me consider checking out early. I concluded at the time that I was not prepared to continue if this was all there was left. Luckily, my issue was fixable with physiotherapy and specialized exercise. I can't even imagine having to deal with pain like that permanently. :bighug: :worship:

mmm, all fine & good, but i've already planned on keepin my medical goin, becuz it'll be cheaper in the long run :eyebrows: long story short, when full rec passed, it cut the costz for medical by half....so even with the dr appt & the added cultivation authorization, it will now jus cost me $150 every 3 yrz vs $100 every year for a full rec state grower'z license....a simple matter of arithmetic :headbang: :cooldance: ppp
I kept my medical card here in Michigan even though rec passed. I believe with the doc apt and everything together its like $75 for 2 years. It helps with a lot of things not to mention if I had to purchase flower or whatever its considerably cheaper with the med card over buying rec.

I went for a medical license in Canada due to the plant number limit, not my ability to grow what I need in 4 plants. I want to be able to make seeds, and test strains by doing extra solos, and I can't do that plus make the weed that I want with one annual grow of 4 plants. I am now good for, as I recall, 15, which will allow me to do whatever I need to.

I haven't done a renewal yet, but as I understand it, a new prescription will be issued without cost, and the permit itself is free, if a bit on the slow side. The clinic charged $50 to cover the paperwork, but that was my only cost. The system works. This was through a referral from my GP, not through the online clinics, most of which look like, if not outright scams, at least excessively expensive. :pighug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back