Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning everyone! :pass: :smokeout::pass:
It got down to 22F here on the Ky/Tn border. It;s suppose to be in the 60s & 70s this coming week and I plan to make the most out of the nice weather. I got some 55 gallon, (food grade), white plastic barrels with the tops removed, and I'm going to cut approx. 1/3 down from the top and make planters out of them! I'm going to trellis tomatoes and watermelons in each, along with some companion plants! I got another barrel I painted 3/4s black to use as a compost bin to recycle some of my old coco grows. I used to grow outdoors with a 50/50 mix of Ocean Forest and coco, and PHd like soil with great results. But that was just growing tomatoes and peppers in 5 gallon buckets, that hung off my old horse trailer. I've also got several different herbs germinating that I'm later going to separate them into individual cells for garden flats . I have a weed friend in the nursery business who told me that he would take all the plants that I can get to him. Since most herbs are more cold tolerant, I decided to start with them, but come April 1 I'll be starting a bunch of tomato and pepper plants and try to put the growing skill I've learnt here to even more use! :peace::pass:

That looks so much like the bird dog my Dad had when I was little. Freddy LOVED to play ball with me. Pop did say that his playing with me, helped his retrievals.
Pop had pics of me, as about a year old, laying on a blanket with Freddy laying beside me while Pop hunted. Evidently, I had been around fireworks and loved it enough, the shooting didn't bother me. I think the dog helped. Pop had him before I was born. Freddie took to me so well, he wanted to sleep beside my bed. He would howl and bark until Pop let him in. He'd got curled up under my bed and went to sleep. It took him a while to break Freddie of wanting to sleep close to me.
I can remember playing ball with him at about 3yrs old. I was 3 because of what car Pop had. I was 7 when some sorry bastard stole him from the back yard during the day. I remember crying my ass off, running down to Gradma's and telling her to call Pop and tell him.
He was my buddy! With him wanting to please me so much, he was really easy to train. I've never had a dog that was that easy to train. I doubt if he would have done a thing for the guy that stole him or anyone that he was sold to. I got sick and spent some time in the hospital. Mom said Freddy was a total wreck!
My Secretary gave me a Brittany Spaniel and his name they gave him just happened to be Freddy. He wasn't quite like my old Freddy, but that dog was spooky smart, understood way too much language.and just plainly had one hell of a personality.
He loved his new life at my farm with so much room. He was pretty chunky when I got him. He lost that weight very quickly and I had to feed very high quality food and I gave him healthy scraps from the table to keep him from getting too skinny. He had to patrol the whole farm!
Like my other Freddy, some sorry bastard stole him while at work.
Such a wonderful, yet sad story. Man, I would go nuts if something happened to my Jay. She sees the vet regularly and I feed her nothing but Iams dog food from Chewy. She's fairly smart, but stubborn at times. I always try to get my dogs to howl, but she never would until 3 yr ago, (she's 7 now), when this commercial came on the tube.....

Man, I laughed my azz off! I also have Alexa, and Copperhead Road is my wake song. Not only does she howl to that now, but you can actually hear her change the pitch for each song! :crying::crying::crying: I post a vid one day, but I got to do some spring cleaning first! :peace: :pass:

I've managed to let my Gorilla Cookies age for a week without touching it. And I finally let myself try it just now.

First of all, holy cow. Its covered in little orange hairs, and already smells like duct tape.

And its strong AF.
Hahaha and in my head I'm thinking "smells like duct tape" is this a good thing ???
Hahaha

:paleo:

Happy caturday
image.jpg

My mutt loves for you to throw anything, especially a ball! Problem is she likes to play keep away and you really have to use a stern voice to finally get her to bring it back. Most times, I just use more than one ball. I have to do a little walking at times to pick up the one she left, but I don't mind when it's nice outside. :peace: :pass:

Here's one I use to borrow from my older brother. Man he would get pissed at me! :crying:

Mines like that loves to chase it then it's either catch me if you can or she wants to play tug of war. If you ignore her she keeps taking the ball or what ever and banging it against me like "go ahead try and grab it "
:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back