Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
neem cake on your soil... or make a tea with it.. brew 18 hours then water in...

just heard it on a canna podcast... and remember KS using it... going to implement myself soon
From my first attempt at mixing my own soil i went with build a soils coots recipe so i have a bag of neem/karanja cake! Will that stuff work as topdress? I know its also slow release N i just don’t know how much or how slow! :shrug:

So, peeps, a wee story of one good idea, one screwup, and how the good idea saved the day.

The Good Idea:
I lined the bottom four inches of my 4x4 with a couple layers of 6 mil poly. The thinking being that I I had a timer or pump failure that left the pump on, the poly would contain the entire reservoir of liquid, avoiding a flood.

The Screwup:
My reservoir setup allows me to mix nutes with my pump. I close the valve to the 'Drobe, open the valve that just recirculates output back into the reservoir, and move plug the pump directly into power to turn in on continuously while I do the nutes. Aeration and mixing. So, this morning, I mixed up some nutes before going skiing for the day. Once the nutes were mixed to EC and pH'ed, I moved the pump plug back to the timer outlet after putting the valves back in irrigation mode. The only problem was that I grabbed the wrong black plug and moved it to the timer, and left the pump plug running.

The results:
Got back from skiing, went to the drobe to check things, found the pump running dry in the reservoir, and about two inches of nutes in the containment. So, the poly liner did its job, no flood.

Sadly, the jury is out on the pump. It has oil in it, and there was oil in the empty reservoir, so either the pump spewed oil past a seal due to air pressure when the pump heated up, or the shaft seal is buggered, and the pump is toast. Dunno which yet.

So, the liner saved me from a flood, but my grabbing the wrong black plug and moving it to the timer may have cost me a pump. Good thing the grow is nearly done. :cheers:

pfffft pfft...
cant talk through text to speech to save my life..

tent setup... 400 mwatt old magnetic HPS light set in there for testing... still prob going to order a 1KW HPS/MH combo dimmable ballast.

suck it google! :woody::haha::eyebrows:
If u were referring to my post i was just pointing out u posted it twice! If u weren’t then disregard my comment! :rofl:

I'm going crazy with plants in a tiny tent...40 total maybe more...lol I'll weed out the bad...
If u even keep just 1 plant in each of those pots u are still wasting seeds! Just cuz pot will fit doesnt mean u can grow that many decent sized plants! U will have to trim off many a good branch cuz the plants are gonna grow into each other and start sending out invitations to the bud rot spores!

I've always wanted to train a dog to grab a beer from the fridge. My dogs will wipe their feet when they come inside... Problem is I only drink liquor and not beer and the damn dogs can never mix a decent cocktail :rofl:
I remember seeing a movie in which one of the main characters had his dog get him a beer. Amazing what a competent trainer can teach a dog to do. :biggrin: I often wonder how many dogs they went through before finding one naturally inclined not to put a canine through that paper thin aluminum. The results would have been amusing to everyone but the dog. :rofl:

No way am I going to even pretend to catch up after being away all day, so have a great rest of the evening for those still up, I'm off to the couch, dog, dearest, and something on the tube before heading for bed. See you tomorrow. :cheers:

I got a light compost tea brewing for my plants....I did half the recipe I dont want to burn anything, which I thought you cant...but the soil needs to be rejuvenated since I let it dry out....but it's moist again I've been adding npk yucca powder....that works great...View attachment 1566654View attachment 1566655
Compost tea will not burn…added nutrients making a veg/bloom tea def can!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back