Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah what fruit said I try to chop shortly after a good watering to hopefully lengthen the dry time and don't trim as many leaves off :thumbsup:

I tried to keep everything packed together but in my basement its pretty low, 45% most times.
Yeah me too if not lower some times during the winter.. I don't worry about the stems snapping or bending I go by what the moisture meter says in the main buds!!!:thumbsup: My plants don't hang for more then 5 -7 days... Then depending how dry they are into brown bags to sweat or into jars :d5:

I have found if you water really close to harvest then the stems will be more moi…..i mean saturated then usual so they will take even longer to dry! Rarely do my stems snap by time bud is ready unless they are hollow or wimpy! Why i got a moisture meter! Best way to know for sure! They are worth the cost imo! :d5:
Im thinking about it. Its too much of a wood rot risk to humidify my basement to the 50-60%. I wanted to hang dry to take a chunk of the water weight out and then paper bag it to finish it off slower, but it appears Ive waited too long. I knew I should have just bagged it yesterday.

Yeah what fruit said I try to chop shortly after a good watering to hopefully lengthen the dry time and don't trim as many leaves off :thumbsup:

Yeah me too if not lower some times during the winter.. I don't worry about the stems snapping or bending I go by what the moisture meter says in the main buds!!!:thumbsup: My plants don't hang for more then 5 -7 days... Then depending how dry they are into brown bags to sweat or into jars :d5:
Mine was only hanging for 3 days. Maybe Ill just go straight to paper bags until I get a moisture meter.

wow that is fast I've had some like that

Im thinking about it. Its too much of a wood rot risk to humidify my basement to the 50-60%. I wanted to hang dry to take a chunk of the water weight out and then paper bag it to finish it off slower, but it appears Ive waited too long. I knew I should have just bagged it yesterday.
Yup you'll get it dialed I've done that a lot the mositure meter has become my best friend at harvest but now getting the feel for the buds too.. It will all come in time.. Lots of folks do the straight to brown bag method.. I use a small tent with a carbon filter and just set that on a low speed to keep air moving the more plants I have hanging in there the slower it goes

Mine was only hanging for 3 days. Maybe Ill just go straight to paper bags until I get a moisture meter.
It should take between 7 and 10 days to dry in the right environment. Otherwise you lose so much of the flavor.
I have my dry room set at 65F and 60%RH for first 3 days, then I reduce RH to 50% until plants finish. Taking your time really makes a difference.:thumbsup:

wow that is fast I've had some like that

Yup you'll get it dialed I've done that a lot the mositure meter has become my best friend at harvest but now getting the feel for the buds too.. It will all come in time.. Lots of folks do the straight to brown bag method.. I use a small tent with a carbon filter and just set that on a low speed to keep air moving the more plants I have hanging in there the slower it goes
I was thinking about getting a dedicated tent for hang drying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back