Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Monday yall! Im planning on making either cannabutter or MCT oil in my instant pot today. Most recipes call for decarbing the bud first, then doing the infusion. But i seem to remember someone saying that if you do the infusion first, then you preserve more of the plant's flavors. Is this something I can do or should I stick with decarb then infuse?

Happy Monday yall! Im planning on making either cannabutter or MCT oil in my instant pot today. Most recipes call for decarbing the bud first, then doing the infusion. But i seem to remember someone saying that if you do the infusion first, then you preserve more of the plant's flavors. Is this something I can do or should I stick with decarb then infuse?
That would be @Mañ'O'Green :d5:

He def said infuse then decarb but I can’t remember exactly time and temp he said to do the decarb doing it that way!
This might be what your looking for had it bookmarked from while back MOG posted this:

@Hog MaGundy If you want to taste the flavors of the bud in your foods and not toasty ass weed then extract high quality buds in high quality oils: Olive, Coconut, Cacao Butter etc. I use a Magic Butter Machine. Then filter the oil into a mason jar and decarb in a hot oil bath at 252°F for 27 minutes. You will not believe the difference in flavors. Salad dressings made with olive oil made in this manor is very special and served to guests.

Party in the Mephisto forest.... :headbang:
IMG_20230206_121336.jpg

I feel like ass today, guys. Stayed up too damn late last night so I could watch The Last of Us.

My 4 week old plants exploded over the weekend.

1675704101975.png

My Gorilla Cookies is coming in on 10 weeks, and shows no sign of amber trichomes. Just gonna let it keep going. I'm also dumping the bloom nutes to it, I bought some fox farms stuff at Rural King this weekend.

1675704169711.png

My little guys sprooted over the weekend too.

Grapefruit
1675704212035.png

and Pineapple Express
1675704228735.png

And all of my kratky lettuce came up, too

1675704247589.png

I've decided this is my last commercial grow I'm going to work for; I'm done in the commercial industry. I'd rather farm corn than work for the same rinse-and-repeat fuckwads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back