Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanting to cook something nice tonight as it's just me and hubby for dinner but I'm drawing a blank. Any suggestions? Was looking at recipes on Google but nothing is really jumping out at me. Gonna stop at the store after I drop #3 at my grandma's in a few.

Wanting to cook something nice tonight as it's just me and hubby for dinner but I'm drawing a blank. Any suggestions? Was looking at recipes on Google but nothing is really jumping out at me. Gonna stop at the store after I drop #3 at my grandma's in a few.
I’m currently grilling a “London broil” …..even though I’m neither in London, or broiling :haha:

oops….forgot to add the picture
204C985A-E38E-4431-8837-F33F23462967.jpeg

No broiling here. No power. Portable generator not working. About 6f here. 55 inside the house, but not for long. Plants likely lost. Plenty of jars:)
Could be a hotel night, but the hound…..
Grabbing an extra bowl. Wish I charged the vape.

No broiling here. No power. Portable generator not working. About 6f here. 55 inside the house, but not for long. Plants likely lost. Plenty of jars:)
Could be a hotel night, but the hound…..
Grabbing an extra bowl. Wish I charged the vape.
What about a pet friendly Airbnb? Sorry to hear of the troubles my friend..:bighug:

Ah, I had made a summer trip back to England in the late 80's to meet up with some old friends. I was about 40 and they were, eh, a bit younger.... In any case they took us to a place in Braintree I think it was called "The Barn" or Essex Barn or something like that.

Legal spot but had that wild open feel to it. Definitely rave scene adjacent. Being there usually led to finding the "real" party the next night. The drugs weren't my thing but a few drinks and I could dance like a prick with the best of them! Usually at the end of the night, or when the club was winding down, we would occasionally find ourselves out in a field continuing the party with some prat who had a system in his car.

Really nice times that I don't think we will see again. The cell phones and internet have ended it. Used to be you only found out if you knew the right people and therefore the crowd was people who wanted the same experience. These days one person gets hold of the information and bang, 1000 people when there should be 100 and someone always tells the police.
sounds glorious - they were certainly fun times. 100% about the phones and stuff, even if there was a nice illegal rave, everybody would just be recording it on their phone and ignoring the actual fun...
We knew loads of 'new age' travellers and we would get a call on a friday or saturday night at the phone box in the pub, as soon as the phone rang everyone went running, got the address or a meeting place on a motorway somewhere on the way to Bristol, then it was a blind convoy trying to find a party, every ten minutes all cars were off and people wandering around hoping to hear something or see a light - then the glimmer, it was nuts, top drawer fun - leave home all smart and ready for the weekend friday evening, get home Sunday night with wonky eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back