Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
@WildBill FWIW we make Green Dragon (alcohol tincture) using the freezer method and it works well. Many recipies out there. HTH
I don't think I need the potency increase and full spectrum with Green Dragon, nor the stronger taste.
It's kinda a test to see if I like tinctures. Since I don't have a T-check, I can't make it reasonably accurately for reliably to dose with.
If I like this product, when I want to make a consistent medical product, I'll do it with rosin.

@WildBill Personally, I decarb, stick the bud in a big jar, cover with everclear, simmer in a water bath for 20-30 minutes and voila….strain and done. Works with any volume of weed…:pass:
Thats how my mom does it when i give her buds to make some! Do u leave the lid on jar when u do it cuz I know she does?

Also @WildBill i need to make some more tincture today so i may weigh the decarbed bud and split in half to do it 1/2 on stove and 1/2 I’ll do freezer method and then tcheck both to see if 1 is stronger then the other!

Thats how my mom does it when i give her buds to make some! Do u leave the lid on jar when u do it cuz I know she does?

Also @WildBill i need to make some more tincture today so i may weigh the decarbed bud and split in half to do it 1/2 on stove and 1/2 I’ll do freezer method and then tcheck both to see if 1 is stronger then the other!
No, lid off…..you want the alcohol to reduce by about half…. :pass: Obviously, fan on, windows open.

The stove method will be stronger due to the reduction in volume of the booze, but the freezer method will produce a much tastier product with less chlorophyll.

Supposedly, if you leave it out over night, some more of the alcohol will evaporate and make it a little stronger as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back