Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 1560902

I’ve cut a few balls off this hermied plant, now making sure is this calyx also a male? no hair shooting out of it yet…wanna make sure to cut em down…I check the plant daily trying to cut off any balls I see
Im with lil dab on this one, looks like a calyx to me.

Hate to say it man but some of them are making as much if not more. We run a 3 year contracted night shift. No switching ends of the week, no swapping from days to nights....its a $3 premium and the lowest guy on the totem pole on that shift, got hired a little over a year amd a half ago at 16.50/hr......now he makes 24 an hour to do the same goddamn job I started at 11.50 for. Right now Im at 20.95 working 2 positions above him.

Idk if you are familar with printing, but each press has 1 or 2 material handlers, 1 rolltender, 2 second pressman and 1 first pressman. Im a certified 2nd pressman and the guy Im talking about is a material handler
Sorry to hear it that sucks. I have zero experience actually working on the press's
I did a lot of control work for the presses at the Boston Globe for about 2 years. But that was for things like the paper tear sensors and control wiring for the color inkjet sprayers, and trolley systems strictly control type wiring.
Even that was back around 95 when the Taylor's owned the Globe and it wasn't the friggin New York Times.

thats what I thought too, cuz the previous male parts were very obvious…so I cut em off…since yesterday I’ve been cutting these fuzzy ones off too without pistils…I think I am cutting off lady parts accidentally lol
Been there one of my first runs I had a plant hermie after topping then I was paranoid and plucking everyone I saw that looked skeptical… but looking back after the first couple balls plucked she moved on as normal.. the rest I plucked I believe were fine just being precautionary

Been there one of my first runs I had a plant hermie after topping then I was paranoid and plucking everyone I saw that looked skeptical… but looking back after the first couple balls plucked she moved on as normal.. the rest I plucked I believe were fine just being precautionary
I’ve plucked around 4-5 balls of each 4 plants that hermied on me a few days ago…haven’t noticed any of them coming back yet…but got paranoid af and started going at evrything I see …my second grow…so moved these 4 plants away from the other 6 I got to make sure and on daily check…I appreciate all the answers from you guys.

Sorry to hear it that sucks. I have zero experience actually working on the press's
I did a lot of control work for the presses at the Boston Globe for about 2 years. But that was for things like the paper tear sensors and control wiring for the color inkjet sprayers, and trolley systems strictly control type wiring.
Even that was back around 95 when the Taylor's owned the Globe and it wasn't the friggin New York Times.
Well it sounds like you have a little familiarity with a press at least. My problem is there is a vast amount of experience I have slaved for in the past decade to get where Im at. Ill admit I was flakey the first 2.5 years but I havent had an unexcused absence in 5 years and I hold the record for most hours worked last year at 2880 and I barely cleared 40k after taxes last year.....meanwhile this guys working a no skill job not paying for benefits or a 401k probably not paying taxes and clearing that much with 0 experience.....how am I suppose to take that....

Well it sounds like you have a little familiarity with a press at least. My problem is there is a vast amount of experience I have slaved for in the past decade to get where Im at. Ill admit I was flakey the first 2.5 years but I havent had an unexcused absence in 5 years and I hold the record for most hours worked last year at 2880 and I barely cleared 40k after taxes last year.....meanwhile this guys working a no skill job not paying for benefits or a 401k probably not paying taxes and clearing that much with 0 experience.....how am I suppose to take that....
Man that sucks! There's no easy choices a lot of times. You know your worth more and they ain't paying it.
Hiring others that are unskilled, incompetent, paying them well, then putting it on you just adds insult to injury is how I'd take it honestly.
Personally Id hate going backwards and taking less money with less hours that would eat at me cause I figure I know what I'm worth and as soon as I had to scratch for dough I'd be thinking fuck this noise.

IMG_4165.JPG

:chef: Anyone want to grab a Tattie afore I dish up.......?...Careful....they are Hot................ #PotsHot ...:yeah:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back