Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said that! All i said was we get more entertainment from our football!
:face:
1675108019967.gif

OK...since we doing fish pics.
View attachment 1560674
Good thing I don’t eat fish! Wild going to pull instacart orders that want fish cuz i noticed unless u go to central market etc the fish at the seafood counter all says “dye added” to that shit! What color are their fish filets normally that they need to dye it pink! That shit don’t sound to natural to me! :yoinks::crying:

Hotels....everyone Thinks you are living the Life of Riley staying in hotels....getting wined and dined for free ...but it is not like a holiday....you very rarely get to See any of the area.....just inside a hotel and conference rooms.....and Most could be anywhere in the world.

I once got sent to Denmark for a meeting...2 airports...2 plane journeys...a train ride there...taxi and 2 airports/flights back....for a 2 HOUR meeting...... :doh:...Madness.....
Not to mention most hotel beds suck. My dad traveled constantly for work when I was a kid, three days gone... three days home. Either driving to DC or flying to San Diego, not accounting for traveling for golf as well. He was *so mad* when he lost his special expensive pillow he had bought for traveling (he said the hotel pillows were always all wrong, lol).

It was certainly a ball ache, I remember getting an email from Emirates airlines - I had done 250,000 miles a year for the previous five on one of their planes...that sucked donkey balls.
And when I got my Titanium for life with Marriott - that is 10 years of 75+ nights per year it just makes you realise that you have not been home - I have to say through my late 20's and early 30's before kids my ex-wife used to come on many trips so we would stay the weekend and saw many countries, places etc...and the first child was lucky as he came everywhere until he started school - his first passport was full before it expired. But as you climb the "so called' ladder there just is not time to see a thing, then the kids appear and did not see them growing up a a result of never being home, before you know it, the wife is gone along with the kids never to be seen again....it definitely sucks :cuss:

It certainly is as far away from the life of Riley as can be
Between being gone for work and gone golfing every weekend, and working long hours when he wasn't traveling it always kinda felt like maybe he wasn't all that keen on being there and being a dad. He missed basically everything because he was always too busy. Even when we would go on family vacations it was always us and mom, he'd be on the golf course or locked in their rooms on conference calls the whole time. It sucks when you grow up and realize you really don't have any memories of your dad acting like a dad. At his retirement he made a speech (I wasn't invited of course but I saw the video) and he teared up when he talked about the sacrifices he and we had to make with him not being around in order for him to provide a good life or whatever. I thought maybe that was like a moment of clarity or whatever and maybe just maybe he would want to be a grandpa to my kids to like make up for lost time or whatever but he spends all his time traveling for golf now and it's just like oh okay, no surprise there I guess. Sucks cause now he has all the time in the world to be there for stuff and he just doesn't care to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back