Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice grapes @Mossy.

I always do brown paperbag with just small nuggs and only one layer...very forgiving and as long as humidity doesn't stock up in the garage it should work out. And if you are concerned about temps and humidity, wrap some more paperbags or newspaper (not plasticbags) around. Insulation from in and outside. Both rh and temps keep more stable.
For those hungry kittens it's like cooking fish in a wet newspaper on fire, or some nice foods wrapped in banana leafs
I would avoid plastic bags.

nice grapes @Mossy.

I always do brown paperbag with just small nuggs and only one layer...very forgiving and as long as humidity doesn't stock up in the garage it should work out. And if you are concerned about temps and humidity, wrap some more paperbags or newspaper (not plasticbags) around. Insulation from in and outside. Both rh and temps keep more stable.
For those hungry kittens it's like cooking fish in a wet newspaper on fire, or some nice foods wrapped in banana leafs
I would avoid plastic bags.
Me too - I've found paper bags to be the best and safest way to dry em up!

only down to 35

Oh Bummer........ :headbang: ...I've got the feeling mine goes below 20C even...but that heat set I usally use.

August is my Problem dry time coz of humidity......20C is probaly cooler than Ambient for me........:biggrin:

The way you have it there must be the best way of preserving everything the plant has to offer - full plant, in the shade outdoors - tops!

Then they go in the laundry cupboard in the dark to Chill....before I bottle them.....

Yup...thats what Im finding with the No Trim method....... :headbang: ..the dried leaf draped round the bud Really Intensifies the Terps..........

thanks @blue started reading through the thread and it looks like it works, it is essentially a food dehydrator that is more accurate (by the looks of it). But then got to @Mañ'O'Green post that said "Do all of you peeps grow miniature plants? I would need three for just one plant?" :crying: that cracked me up but it is a great point.

I did not realise brown paper bags had such a following until recently - it seems to be the way to go. I spent so much time setting up a drying tent to ensure long and slow, and to be fair after trying the bags last time around, setting up a tent just for perfect drying wa a bit of faff - especially now after reading @kfigerm 10 year old find....Got me thinking I could put shelves and hooks up inside the lung room and that way keep the bags off the floor but not too high for them to get the brunt of the heat - plans are brewing. Cheers all :cheers:

thanks @blue started reading through the thread and it looks like it works, it is essentially a food dehydrator that is more accurate (by the looks of it). But then got to @Mañ'O'Green post that said "Do all of you peeps grow miniature plants? I would need three for just one plant?" :crying: that cracked me up but it is a great point.

I did not realise brown paper bags had such a following until recently - it seems to be the way to go. I spent so much time setting up a drying tent to ensure long and slow, and to be fair after trying the bags last time around, setting up a tent just for perfect drying wa a bit of faff - especially now after reading @kfigerm 10 year old find....Got me thinking I could put shelves and hooks up inside the lung room and that way keep the bags off the floor but not too high for them to get the brunt of the heat - plans are brewing. Cheers all :cheers:

Yeah it's a bit small! hahaha - Good point.

The brown bags are great - just avoid the shiny ones (like from a fruit and veg shop) - the thicker paper ones are better - with a coat hanger and clothes pegs you could hang loads of them , but i usually just keep them on the floor in the tent sealed up with the extration and carbon filter on!

Me too - I've found paper bags to be the best and safest way to dry em up!
:yeahthat:
My usual protocol is whole plant hang for 3-6 days then trim to bud and into paper bags. I jar test 2x/day until I get 65% rh then Into Grove Bags. IMHO, YMMV, etc

I hope there will be no more hiatus...but in the future i will hopefully find a grove bag...after drying to 60-58 its the perfect long storage.
those and the pyramids as a medium made my life so much easier and helps me to keep my threads more boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back