Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gotta say, first time growing in 50% coco, and I really like it. Drains better, and my plants seem to be growing a bit faster.

1674835244588.png

Bottom Left is an Auto Destroyer from Original Sensible Seeds. Its gonna be a monster. These were all planted as seeds on New Years Eve.

and my Gorilla Cookies is going nuts. I've been dumping the nutes to it, I figured I'd back off when it starts getting burnt tips, but we're still not there and its getting 3mg each of the 3 General Hydroponics nutrients.

1674835364129.png

When I was like 19 me and my buddy were laid off from doing demolition work. So we figured fuck it let's go down to Florida maybe find some work (early 80s). So ofcourse there's no work and what there was paid shit compared to what we were used to earning.
This kid says he's applying for work on some big bridge I forget where now it's been so many years. So we goes with him meets the foreman.
He's like ya it pays 5 bucks an hour (?? It's a tad hazy ball park number). We supply the hard hat. Off you fall off the bridge/steel the waters moving too fast we ain't gonna bother looking for you. If you fall into the concrete pour. Odds are your dead we ain't gonna stop pumping.
I looked him in the eye and said screw that noise you can keep your 5 bucks and your hard hat.

I've known guys worked in Saudi and the middle east back in the day. IIRC your there long enough there's an income exclusion idk I think that's what I remember them telling me anyways.
But back then if you FUCK up outside of the work camp its not pretty.
Then who the hell wants to work in a country where a lot of them maybe the majority of them IDK flat out hates us and want us dead. Theyd love to catch you and hang you off a bridge while they're doing a victory dance.
Screw that noise. and I don't see halibruton given a shit what happen or going out of their way to make the work or working conditions safe for you long as they're making a buck
The HR guy couldn't believe I laughed at him and walked out. The headhunter BEGGED me to go back. He must have missed a big payday!:crying:

Thanks mate, I'll almost definately struggle lol - I've got a slight "can't be arsed with it all" feeling at the moment - although i've connected the ducting!

I was a bit surprized that the AC infinity filter doesnt have a aesthetically pleasing way of attaching to the extration fan ... Seems like the easy option is duct tape!

Hoping i may get to set it up on Monday and at least get thing whiring (if not controllered up!)

yeah I agree the filters could fit better I used a hose clamp and had to tighten extremely hard to deform the filter opening so it was tight but then I also used foil duct tape to seal it off.. the controller is really simple set your off speed and on speed ( I use 1 &10) then just set a high temp switch and high humidity switch with the temp and rh transition setting set to 2… that way it will ramp up the fan speed depending how far over the limits you are… The user manuals explains it all but I always can help if ya need:pighug::d5::vibe:

Yea ASME, we have a department of engineers to interpret that stuff. and on the visual side we use SP-55, which is so open to personal interpretation, 10 guys see 10 different things. We own one of two foundrys in the country that pour the special alloys required for the nuclear side of this stuff.
Try doing a shop review of a code shop.............oh the paperwork!:face::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I wish I could deal with the windshield time. I got a hell of an offer for part-time work a few months ago. Tedious work, but easy for me. By the book Naval training to the rescue! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I gotta say, first time growing in 50% coco, and I really like it. Drains better, and my plants seem to be growing a bit faster.

View attachment 1559908

Bottom Left is an Auto Destroyer from Original Sensible Seeds. Its gonna be a monster. These were all planted as seeds on New Years Eve.

and my Gorilla Cookies is going nuts. I've been dumping the nutes to it, I figured I'd back off when it starts getting burnt tips, but we're still not there and its getting 3mg each of the 3 General Hydroponics nutrients.

View attachment 1559909
I had no idea you could use 50% coco!
(Add that to the list there's a lot about this stuff I don't know)

What's the other 50% peat?
I'm not even sure why people use coco it seems like more work but then surely there's a good reason to take the extra effort....
How do you water/fertigate in a 50% mix??

I had no idea you could use 50% coco! What's the other 50% peat?
I'm not even sure why people use coco it seems like more work but then surely there's a good reason to take the extra effort....
How do you water/fertigate in a 50% mix??

Its 50/50 cocoa and organic compost.

It drains really well, no concerns with over watering. And they seem like they are taking to it really well. I just had some cocoa left over from growing shrooms and wanted to use it up.

yeah I bet it has nothing to do with the copious amounts of pot I smoke:jointman: it’s only 90% argon:pighug::crying:View attachment 1559863
I haven't been in the business since 2000 and I imediatly think , Next test July of 2029 and I can pump it 10% over.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back