Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I inspect welds all day for a living, but not just dimensionally and visually. But every weld gets Dye checked if its non-magnetic, and magnaflux tested if its magnetic. We're over the top on nuclear and military weld applications. And since our parts go in submarines, we also do a 1200 lb pressure test on them if its a housing.
You might be entertained by my welding. I doubt that it would be up to submarine standard, but so far I've managed to overbuild sufficiently. :biggrin:

Can't be as messed up as the Big Dig in Boston. Home office of the company I worked for was right there.
Freaking cieling tiles falling on the cars killing someone cause some genius decides they ain't gonna use drop anchors (like we have with zero problems forever and a day) to support them and instead they're gonna squirt epoxy into the holes. Then the cheap FUCK contractor uses a laborer to install them (instead of a qualified carpenter) and they're using a fucking turkey baster to blow the concrete dust outta the hole.

Go figure you found a short cut faster way to save money cut corners on skilled labor and look at the result.
Besides I still miss the old central artery and it's a shit show driving in a dark narrow tunnel on a bike with a bunch of lost confused cars. With no other easy way to get to the north shore.

Screenshot_20230127_103513_Chrome.jpg

I inspect welds all day for a living, but not just dimensionally and visually. But every weld gets Dye checked if its non-magnetic, and magnaflux tested if its magnetic. We're over the top on nuclear and military weld applications. And since our parts go in submarines, we also do a 1200 lb pressure test on them if its a housing.
I was just about to sign a contract with a sub of Haliburton, to QA the pipeline in northern Iraq. When I asked what was the best way to get my weapons over there, they told me I couldn't carry one. They said I'll have a security force assigned to me. Yeah, like I'm gonna put my life in the hands of someone else and someone I don't know. That wasn't happening. It was QUITE lucrative too!

I was just about to sign a contract with a sub of Haliburton, to QA the pipeline in northern Iraq. When I asked what was the best way to get my weapons over there, they told me I couldn't carry one. They said I'll have a security force assigned to me. Yeah, like I'm gonna put my life in the hands of someone else and someone I don't know. That wasn't happening. It was QUITE lucrative too!
I've known guys worked in Saudi and the middle east back in the day. IIRC your there long enough there's an income exclusion idk I think that's what I remember them telling me anyways.
But back then if you FUCK up outside of the work camp its not pretty.
Then who the hell wants to work in a country where a lot of them maybe the majority of them IDK flat out hates us and want us dead. Theyd love to catch you and hang you off a bridge while they're doing a victory dance.
Screw that noise. and I don't see halibruton given a shit what happen or going out of their way to make the work or working conditions safe for you long as they're making a buck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back