Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,
No worries, I usually go for the type of humor that needs a bit of thought and I know folks don't think like me so I end up confusing the hell out of people sometimes.

Anywho, it is referring to the constellation of Orion which has a "belt" of three stars.

View attachment 1418749
I got it, eventually. But not the belt detail. I'll blame the dog getting me up at 0430. :biggrin:

Anyway, entertaining find, thanks for posting. :pighug:

No doub
Not enough to do you say. Coulda fooled me... :pighug:
Right now Iam thinking about leaving work so I can go work.
since I started back growing I have just been feeling out my space looking at new equipment and such, trying to figure out what hydro system I wanted to go with. Dropped a little coin on Blu mat products.
Hopefully they can save me a little effort.
Add a dosing ph meter and a top offf tank to the DWC and their shouldn’t be a lot of work involved. But I’ve been wrong at least once in my life before.

I'm mighty pissed!

Yesterday, I read Chuck Shumer's legalization bill, which he finally release the details of. I was excited! Finally, a way forward ( maybe ) for nationwide legalization! Then I read his proposal......... What a crock of shit! First, he wants a TWENTY PERCENT federal tax! On top of all the completely ridiculous state taxes! THEN the real deal killer................ He want a Ferderal PERMIT system in order for us to grow at home! I've been stewing about this since I read it and this morning I wrote to Schumer on his website. Here is what I had to say:

I was hopeful about your proposed bill until I saw you tax proposal. Shocking! a 20% tax??? How about then, you tax alcohol the same way? Alcohol is the most deadly drug allowed by law. it kills tens of thousands each year, yet taxes are minimal on it. Cannabis is mostly benign, and often therapeutic, yet EVERYONE wants to tax it to the point only the wealthy can afford it. This is NOT the way to eliminate the black market, when the Federal government want to add an excessive tax, on top of the already onerous taxes states impose! In many states, that will bring taxes over 40% In Arizona it will be 80%! Explain to me how this is social justice when your plan will force low income people to continue to buy their cannabis on the street. Or is this designed to keep the DEA in business...... You want to tax cannabis? 2% not 20! I'm sick to death of the greed surrounding the cannabis legalization movement, greedy corporations and greedy politicians conspiring to fill their coffers to overflowing with money bilked from consumers in an unprecedented manner! Shame on you!

Secondly, your idea of a "permit' for citizens to be able to grow their own is ludicrous! IT'S A PLANT! Should I need a permit to grow tomatoes too? I can grow drug cultivars of cactus without a permit....... Maybe potatoes should be grown by permit, after all, I can make Vodka from them.

So I guess I'll be forced to continue to be an outlaw and grow my own medicine, whether the government approves or not, because I for one cannot and will not pay grossly unfair prices and taxes on a handful of plant matter!

I'm mighty pissed!

Yesterday, I read Chuck Shumer's legalization bill, which he finally release the details of. I was excited! Finally, a way forward ( maybe ) for nationwide legalization! Then I read his proposal......... What a crock of shit! First, he wants a TWENTY PERCENT federal tax! On top of all the completely ridiculous state taxes! THEN the real deal killer................ He want a Ferderal PERMIT system in order for us to grow at home! I've been stewing about this since I read it and this morning I wrote to Schumer on his website. Here is what I had to say:

I was hopeful about your proposed bill until I saw you tax proposal. Shocking! a 20% tax??? How about then, you tax alcohol the same way? Alcohol is the most deadly drug allowed by law. it kills tens of thousands each year, yet taxes are minimal on it. Cannabis is mostly benign, and often therapeutic, yet EVERYONE wants to tax it to the point only the wealthy can afford it. This is NOT the way to eliminate the black market, when the Federal government want to add an excessive tax, on top of the already onerous taxes states impose! In many states, that will bring taxes over 40% In Arizona it will be 80%! Explain to me how this is social justice when your plan will force low income people to continue to buy their cannabis on the street. Or is this designed to keep the DEA in business...... You want to tax cannabis? 2% not 20! I'm sick to death of the greed surrounding the cannabis legalization movement, greedy corporations and greedy politicians conspiring to fill their coffers to overflowing with money bilked from consumers in an unprecedented manner! Shame on you!

Secondly, your idea of a "permit' for citizens to be able to grow their own is ludicrous! IT'S A PLANT! Should I need a permit to grow tomatoes too? I can grow drug cultivars of cactus without a permit....... Maybe potatoes should be grown by permit, after all, I can make Vodka from them.

So I guess I'll be forced to continue to be an outlaw and grow my own medicine, whether the government approves or not, because I for one cannot and will not pay grossly unfair prices and taxes on a handful of plant matter!
Your surprised the party of big corp and slush funds
Is creating a slush fund and giving big corp. iunfair advantages. :baked:

Good Morfnoevight All You Happy Thursday Stoners!

:crying::crying::crying:@Dabber when you first came here I thought your plant pics were stolen because no new grower does that well........:worship:

I am too lazy for all of that. I just dry to 11% on the meter and throw into a Grove Bag. Done.

I think she likes how it feels:kitty:
Hey @Mañ'O'Green , what kind of meter do you use for testing bud moisture when drying?

I'm mighty pissed!

Did you actually expect it to a fair and even for all bill?....honestly?.....we lost control of our govrnmnt when we stopped tarring and feathering the bastards...

Comparing to alcohol taxes is a tough comparison since all states do it differently. Shumer is a NY guy. Alcohol taxes are based by the gallon. In NY there is a $14.40 tax per gallon on liquor. So a cheap $30 gallon of vodka is really closer to 50% tax, where a couple bottles of expensive whiskey that tax will be much lower. The consumer pays 4% at the register and the liquor store pays the rest but the cost is still figured into the purchase price.
Permits on plants is ridiculous but I could see it tried to medical use where if you have a prescription, you can grow x amount of plants and also tax breaks for medical

Hey,
No worries, I usually go for the type of humor that needs a bit of thought and I know folks don't think like me so I end up confusing the hell out of people sometimes.

Anywho, it is referring to the constellation of Orion which has a "belt" of three stars.

View attachment 1418749
Hell, they even used it in the movie Men in Black

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back