Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet soul music. Click on the original Soloman Burke version and hop in that hole, it'll do ya good. I always feel like some old soul or r&b is good for my personal rythmn and I like country boys singing soul
I know the original. It’s one of my wife’s favs. But that guy brings a little something extra to it. I dig it.

Got Banana Daddy going now. will post a pick or two this weekend when I get some more time

Edit: What Jersey said as well. Forgot about that part till he mentioned the guy is another D BAG! Domestic violence against women and animal abuse which doesn't fly. Only one solution for those...Have seen the police reports to verify on other sites. Have the seeds, but wont buy again. That's two D BAGS in two days....URGGGGG

Last edited:
Not sure how much you know about construction and don't want to insult, but look up interior weeping tile systems(which is the term for what you mentioned). Probably your cheapest, but not the best solution. Other things you can do is to seal the concrete to minimize water penetration, fix any cracks in the concrete, check the grade around your house and fix where possible, make sure your gutters are clean and run the water from the down spouts as far away as possible.
If you plan on being in the house long term, look at waterproofing the exterior of your foundation, which is the best solution for long term. The most expensive, but best solution if possible. PM me if you have questions and will try to help as much as possible.
I was a beyond anal retentive contractor for years. I did high end restorations of historic homes around the bay area in Ca and Charleston SC.
I live in a historic house. Like certified historical to where we may be able to get a grant from the state to fix it as long as it's historically correct but modern drainage. This sucker is like 1820s and we love living here so I think the permanent solution is the way to go but there's concrete patios and porches around most of the house so I don't feel like stripping and sealing from the outside is the way. My well if only 30ft deep and right next to the house so I think it needs to be done from the inside

I live in a historic house. Like certified historical to where we may be able to get a grant from the state to fix it as long as it's historically correct but modern drainage. This sucker is like 1820s and we love living here so I think the permanent solution is the way to go but there's concrete patios and porches around most of the house so I don't feel like stripping and sealing from the outside is the way. My well if only 30ft deep and right next to the house so I think it needs to be done from the inside
If you can get a grant and the best historical modern way to fix it is from the outside of the foundation then repairing or replacing the patios would seem to be part of the job.

If you would pm me pics I've got a vast knowledge of handling ground water

That's what most do, is by far the least invasive, and most cost effective. Those really old foundations like that can be super tricky. It beyond pays to do you homework and hire people that REALLY know what they are doing!!! Cant stress that enough!

Are you on the National Historic Registry? That can be a blessing and a curse. Have worked on several and is probably the reason my hair is pretty grey. The BAR (Board of Architectural Review) in Charleston was always a joy to deal with(insert expletive here). However, they are the reason the place looks like it does. My house there was a "newer" model, 1852. The oldest I worked on there was 1783.

Good luck with that water and feel free to hit me up if you have questions

That's what most do, is by far the least invasive, and most cost effective. Those really old foundations like that can be super tricky. It beyond pays to do you homework and hire people that REALLY know what they are doing!!! Cant stress that enough!

Are you on the National Historic Registry? That can be a blessing and a curse. Have worked on several and is probably the reason my hair is pretty grey. The BAR (Board of Architectural Review) in Charleston was always a joy to deal with(insert expletive here). However, they are the reason the place looks like it does. My house there was a "newer" model, 1852. The oldest I worked on there was 1783.

Good luck with that water and feel free to hit me up if you have questions
If you’re talking Charleston SC, my favorite place I’ve ever been in my life. And I’ve been around the world. Weed there want great but everything else was lol

welp, we're two pagez away from 500 now, which i'll most assuredly miss whilst i'm sleepin, lol :doh:, sooooo -> 1) i'll say congratz now...yay, good job, patz on the back, etc etc :clapper: ...however -> 2) we're still not halfway, cuz i'm def expectin 1200 this time....ya hear-??! :shooty: ok, as long as that'z clear, i'm jus sayin & carry on plz....:toke: :smoking: ppp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back