Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 1983 we gave Jimmy Buffet and his crew a ride from St. Martin to St. Barts on my friend's 52' motor yacht. The landing strip on St. Barts was not long enough for his Learjet. Got to party at his bar, "Autour du Rochet." That month he and his musicians wrote and recorded an album (don't remember the name). I got to have a beer with his collaborator, composer Will Jennings (wrote the soundtrack for the movie "Titanic", etc.). I picked his brain about songwriting. He said lyrics have to be confusing if it's gonna be a hit. He said sometimes the lyrics come first, and some times the tune.

These guys are actually really good musicians. Their whole family is. One minute they're playin sloppy punk and the next they're rippin up some Flatt and Scruggs bluegrass. Go figure...
That's usually how it goes lol

... without running up my electric bill.
32 square feet @ ~~30 watts per is still going to be a bill, even where I live in Canada. Do you think you can do it with less than 30 watts per ft2?

Who doesn't love coming home from work to a flooded basement? :help: and we've still got 24 hours of rain to go. Guess we're gonna have to come up with a plan for a french drain and a pump because my back can't handle dumping out shopvacs all night like it used to:deadhorse:
Bummer, no one needs that mess. Good luck with the cleanup, and getting a pump installed. :pighug:

Same I’m vaccinated and apparently smoke enough weed I don’t get COVID hanging around people with it yet I still mask up when I go in the store where I’m around other people! They may not do all that much but it’s the thought that counts! :thumbsup: :rofl:
I have been wearing an N95 in public from the beginning of this shit show. The early nonsense about N95 being overkill was wrong, but now has been corrected for a while. This virus has always been capable of aerosol transmission, and Omicron is spectacularly effective at it.

The good news is that a couple more months of being careful, and the summer (yeah, I know, not everybody lives in winter at the moment) should be a whole lot more normal. Next winter may get interesting again, but unlikely as bad up until now.

Stay safe peeps, this mess should be winding down a lot over the next several weeks. :pighug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back