Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
How's everyone this morning?
Mmmmm. Coffee. Well creamed, no sugar. I just love stealing the first cup that comes out of the coffee maker. Stiff. :biggrin: :pighug:

Hi Folks,
I heard back from Apogee instruments about my out of spec Par meter.
They are happy for me to return it, they also said this:-
"Also, in case it helps, the errors for this issue are only present in low light levels, with the sensor reading about 8% low at 150 µmol/m2/sec in a worst case scenario. The error quickly disappears as light intensities increase. This means that the readings from your sensor may still be accurate if you are using it to measure light sources that are brighter than about 200 µmol/m2/sec."
Who votes to send it back, and who votes to keep it?
Also keep in mind that the meter would need recalibrating again in 2 years time.
As I said earlier, the poor calibration at low light levels is irrelevant for growing cannabis. If you were happy with the original specs, those are the ones that still apply accurately at the light levels you will be using, so there is no reason to replace the meter. If it makes you feel better to get a more perfect one, fill yer boots, but it will do nothing for your garden.

Great response from Apogee though, they obviously stand behind their gear. My "cheapie" OTOH is likely far more inaccurate throughout the measurement range, and I have my doubts that I would either hear about issues from the manufacturer, or be offered an acceptable solution.

Happy growing mate whichever way you go. :pighug:

Well, hubby is off for new tires. False memories screwing me over again, I vividly remember ordering the new ones and setting an appointment to have them installed at the closest location today last Tuesday. Went to check my confirmation to send him the address, no email, no record of it on my account with the tire shop, no PayPal charge :face: thankfully the ones I was going to order were available at the shop way on the other side of town, and they didn't mind taking him as a walk in. I VIVIDLY remember choosing a 915 apt time for today, so I must have gotten to the very last page and then gotten interrupted and never finished. Stupid brain screwing me over again. I tell them (all 4 of them, hubby included) constantly that I need them to not interrupt me when I'm doing things or else I will get lost and forget what I'm doing but no one ever listens to me.

Someone throw the coffee pot on............:coffee:..I'm Home.......:pass:

In and out in 10 minutes....but it is a 40-50 minute drive.....much better being driven there instead of trying to drive through the middle of a big city...looking for it.

According to local Spanish info we don't need the new ID card.....but...the UK airlines are refusing to take you on the flight back to Spain if you don't have it.... :pass: ...so...we've got it now.

Nightmare scenario getting traped in the UK and try to sort it out...:d5:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back