Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feeling pretty gutted today, my brand new Apogee MQ-610 is faulty apparently.
Low light applications affected by zero-offset calibration error in some meters
On December 9, 2021, an internal Quality Control Audit determined a small number of Apogee handheld pyranometer, PAR, and ePAR meters may have shipped with a zero-value offset that was outside of our published specifications. This means some meters may not be reading within the ± 5% advertised specification when measuring low light levels. Please refer to the table and search tool below to determine if your meter is in the affected group and if you are measuring low enough light levels to be concerned.
Normal SpecificationsPossible Low Light Error
Quantum Meters± 5% (0-4000 umol m-2 s-1)± >5% (0-200 umol m-2 s-1),
± 5% (200-4000 umol m-2 s-1)
ePAR Meters± 5% (0-4000 umol m-2 s-1)± >5% (0-200 umol m-2 s-1),
± 5% (200-4000 umol m-2 s-1)
Pyranometer Meters± 5% (0-2000 W m-2)± >5% (0-100 W m-2),
± 5% (100-2000 W m-2)
Should I be concerned growing cannabis, or isn't it a problem, anyone know?
Only reason I’d be concerned is them things ain’t cheap so I’d expect it to be accurate! I’m only using a $5 iPhone app to measure my ppfd but it was tested against apogee quantum sensor meter and was within 11% of quantum sensor and held at 11% for iPhone version of app if u use a full spectrum light with white and red diodes so I just gotta multiply my apps reading by 1.1 to get actual ppfd! For $5 does the trick for sure! :d5:

This is new Mars light at 70%
082BEBDE-D76C-4C3A-A623-2F8C1AD9B73C.png

X1.1 = 766 ppfd

Light at about 85% power

C7B4DE22-8BB3-4AF3-AEF7-B220A98638B4.png

X1.1= 1116ppfd! Not bad for being prob 24” or so over plants! Says for bloom to do 12”-18” but I didn’t wanna toast them since last light was only about 725ppfd at 15”! :d5:

Only reason I’d be concerned is them things ain’t cheap so I’d expect it to be accurate! I’m only using a $5 iPhone app to measure my ppfd but it was tested against apogee quantum sensor meter and was within 11% of quantum sensor and held at 11% for iPhone version of app if u use a full spectrum light with white and red diodes so I just gotta multiply my apps reading by 1.1 to get actual ppfd! For $5 does the trick for sure! :d5:

This is new Mars light at 70%
View attachment 1410696
X1.1 = 766 ppfd

Light at about 85% power

View attachment 1410695
X1.1= 1116ppfd! Not bad for being prob 24” or so over plants! Says for bloom to do 12”-18” but I didn’t wanna toast them since last light was only about 725ppfd at 15”! :d5:
I've contacted Apogee, so will wait and see what they say.

So, I just realized how impatient I was being with my plants.
I'm sitting here thinking, Man, this LokiOG is taking ages to grow... What's wrong with her?
...and then I looked at the date she sprouted (around Jan. 6 or 7) and realized she's pretty damn big for a girl that's only like two weeks old... About as wide as a 7 gallon pot...

Hey hydro/dwc folks...
How long do you normally wait to put your seedings over the water?

Well peeps, methinks I have a problem:
nanners.jpg

Two questions, first, are these what I think they are?

Second, given that the plant is not quite ready for sleepytime duty which is what I need, WTF do I do about it. My temptation is to chop the offending bud carefully and continue on. These are not the only ones, nor the only cola. :cuss::cuss::cuss:

Well peeps, methinks I have a problem:
View attachment 1410720

Two questions, first, are these what I think they are?

Second, given that the plant is not quite ready for sleepytime duty which is what I need, WTF do I do about it. My temptation is to chop the offending bud carefully and continue on. These are not the only ones, nor the only cola. :cuss::cuss::cuss:
Get tweezers and just pluck those nanners off gently! :d5:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back