Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
My vitamin E is more nutritious! ;)
1646240089478.gif

Good Morfnoevight All you happy hump day stoners!

I need to go pick up a bale of straw and some potting soil to build my potato tower. We love to grow potatoes and harvesting them when about the size of a quarter. We end up with very few large potatoes because the little ones are so yummy. OMG we have some goose fat to cook them in. It will be nirvana! We have some Clancy F1 seed germinating now and the Yukon Gold seed potatoes are chitting. I will plant the Clancy in the ground with regular trenches. The Yukons will be in the tower.

I thought that article mossy linked said it should be available in 2025! Did I miss something or the Scandinavians making the Brits wait a few years to get their hands on them?? :shrug:
They have current models that are available now. The one in the link comes with a drone and is available 2025

Also I have to brag on one of the folks I am helping with their dwc

This is day 40 using my max O2 technique for dwc

These are double grapes from Mephisto

View attachment 1426677View attachment 1426678View attachment 1426679View attachment 1426680
@derek420colorado it looks like your air flow is too aggressive. The fine lateral root hairs have been scrubbed off of the roots. Air-stones with smaller bubbles will provide better O² transfer and be less abrasive to the roots.

@derek420colorado it looks like your air flow is too aggressive. The fine lateral root hairs have been scrubbed off of the roots. Air-stones with smaller bubbles will provide better O² transfer and be less abrasive to the roots.
Yeah I know that is kinda the trade off. You don’t really get any fibrous roots due to the turbulence

the trade off in my opinion is the absolutely MASSIVE main roots. They end up being as big as a
Garden hose

from what I see the bigger main roots have a bigger impact on the nutrient pathway network.

Big main roots that connect to a large and well
Established root crown, Into a big thick stalk.

I think the fibrous roots play less of a role in dwc with max O2. That’s just observation and speculation at this point though

Another thing, is when it comes to flowering

Something @FullDuplex said that got my brain working

Why does Dwc typically take longer to flower vs soil.

he said it’s about root pressure and resistance

which makes sense,when in a soil pot they will generally flower once they root cap has enough pressure, resistance, or some combo of the two.

in dwc there is much less resistance. So my theory is that it take the big main roots to hit the lower parts of the reservoir, be it other roots or the res walls themselves, it will trigger the flowering mechanism.

Another example of the technique - eh @derek420colorado ? :woohoo:
View attachment 1426686

Blackstrap BE D67
I had forgotten that you were a max O2 alum lmao. I’ve told a lot of folks over the years, and well I consume a LOT of THC. Hell you’ve met me!!

I am so stoked for Cat4:15 fest and that you are goin.

Mainly because I know now I will have at least ONE person their in the audience for my speaking engagement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back