Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
486524A3-0B8E-4F19-A476-DC650004561A.jpeg

Everybody’s happy.

I separated the corn from the mix and kept the barley and hemp seeds together and I’m sprouting some now so that next watering can give the youngins an SST! Once bloom hits I’ll give em the corn and then a combo 1 after that with all 3 in it! :thumbsup:
CEE38542-70A0-4195-BCA1-EA059727C52F.jpeg
9BF5726F-6835-4ADD-B470-BB587F741D48.jpeg
C1AD08FA-1A23-4221-B365-ECD3110E7179.jpeg

:vibe:

The NYS Secretary of Agriculture was on the radio last night talking about the plan for rolling out retail marijuana sales this Fall (2022). Here are the takeaways:
  • The NYS Office of Cannabis Management (OCM) hasn't finished rules yet for licensing growers.
  • OCM has promised retail sales before the end of 2022.
  • They want retail shops to have something to sell when they open later this year, without importing weed from other states.
  • They plan to issue temporary weed grow licenses to existing legal outdoor hemp farmers so they can get an outdoor weed crop in the ground this Spring and have a harvest ready for sale by Fall. They said there are 200+ existing legal hemp farms across the state.
  • They want existing illegal growers to be able to get licenses and go legal later, after the rules are written by OCM.
  • They plan a mentor program for savvy growers to teach new growers.
  • The existing NYS weed market is so huge that there will be room for everybody.
  • They are pushing outdoor growing because it's better for the environment.
A couple of questions came to mind:
Do hemp farmers know how to grow weed?
How will 1 outdoor crop per year possibly be enough?

I plan on continuing to grow underground as long as life endures.

The NYS Secretary of Agriculture was on the radio last night talking about the plan for rolling out retail marijuana sales this Fall (2022). Here are the takeaways:
  • The NYS Office of Cannabis Management (OCM) hasn't finished rules yet for licensing growers.
  • OCM has promised retail sales before the end of 2022.
  • They want retail shops to have something to sell when they open later this year, without importing weed from other states.
  • They plan to issue temporary weed grow licenses to existing legal outdoor hemp farmers so they can get an outdoor weed crop in the ground this Spring and have a harvest ready for sale by Fall. They said there are 200+ existing legal hemp farms across the state.
  • They want existing illegal growers to be able to get licenses and go legal later, after the rules are written by OCM.
  • They plan a mentor program for savvy growers to teach new growers.
  • The existing NYS weed market is so huge that there will be room for everybody.
  • They are pushing outdoor growing because it's better for the environment.
A couple of questions came to mind:
Do hemp farmers know how to grow weed?
How will 1 outdoor crop per year possibly be enough?

I plan on continuing to grow underground as long as life endures.
From the little hemp farmers I have seen here in NY no they do not. But this is just fruit and crop farmers trying to get into the market

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back