Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm not sure if you guys know this, but you can make your own PH Down for really cheap. I live downstream of that whole disaster in upstate Ohio with the train derailment. My water doesn't come directly from the river, but it comes from wells that are like 100 feet from the river, so its filtered through sand and rock. Well, they've been doing something because all of a sudden the PH of my water has cranked up and its gone from taking 1ml of ph down to 9ml to get it to 6.0.

A quart of battery acid from the auto parts store was $9. Its sulfuric acid, which is good because your plants can use the sulfur. Just mix it into a gallon of distilled water (wear some fucking gloves and eye protection!) and then add a few drops of food coloring. I used green because sulfur = green, so I'll know what it is.
Lmao i am a cheap bastard but not even i am that cheap! I paid $20 for my quart of ph down and literally takes 5 drops to make a gallon drop almost 1.5ph! For the most part tho i stopped checking solution ph! I checked first gallon for the nutes i am currently using at it put the RO water at 6.8ph which is good enough so i just assume all the other jugs are similar! I do have a soil ph probe tho so i can check soil ph easy to make sure not drifting all over!

Earth Day metal buffet - 04/22/23
Happee Earth Day Caturday kidz, it'z time for the metal buffet! :stir: the burnerz are hot & lookin for the meaning of life! :headbang: ppp

jumping-cats-facebook-cover.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back