Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
No room for a hammond :( .... one day ..... I'm gonna buy a hammond C or B3

..Just get rid of a couple of chairs lol

Room and cost are big factors!!! have the room at the moment, but those are super pricey.Would love to have one though! I paid $150 us for the m3 in perfect condition. 1960 model, one owner. They call them baby b3's. With the foldbacks I can go an active higher and an active lower. Also got the guy to run a line out so I can run it into regular amplifiers. I use two vibe pedals to compensate for the Leslie. Pretty cool as I can use all my guitar pedals to run the organ through

No room for a hammond :( .... one day ..... I'm gonna buy a hammond C or B3

..Just get rid of a couple of chairs lol
When I was a kid (5-8 yo) my brother was in a rock band back in the 70's (they were actually pretty good and ended up opening for the James Gang at one point). The keyboard player had an old B3 he bought from a church so it had that heavy wood enclosure. I remember I would have to shimmy under it and push when they were loading it up for a gig. Some of my earliest childhood memories were Leslies, Marshall stacks and Led Zeppelin III.

I paid $150 us for the m3 in perfect condition.
Wow!! That's a steal!!! I think i'll be looking 3-4k for a C3 or B3 ... and probably a good bit more if it has a decent leslie (although iirc a company called prosound make a p[retty awsome digital rotary .. i was on mushrooms at the time but remember being blown away hahaha)
When I was a kid (5-8 yo) my brother was in a rock band back in the 70's (they were actually pretty good and ended up opening for the James Gang at one point). The keyboard player had an old B3 he bought from a church so it had that heavy wood enclosure. I remember I would have to shimmy under it and push when they were loading it up for a gig. Some of my earliest childhood memories were Leslies, Marshall stacks and Led Zeppelin III.
Ahh, i was soo close to getting one for my band (back in the day obvs) but the thought of lifting all that wood.
They keyboard player always gets shafted with lfting .. especially if they're also the guitarist >.<

I bought a "hammond" for 90 quid ... but it was the wrong one! Fun ... but not mean or menacing haha

Nice! Those things are a bitch to gig with! Love a lot of the old underground prog/hammond stuff from the early 70's. Would like to get some old synths at some point too. Love getting baked and coming up with new sounds!

Wow!! That's a steal!!! I think i'll be looking 3-4k for a C3 or B3 ... and probably a good bit more if it has a decent leslie (although iirc a company called prosound make a p[retty awsome digital rotary .. i was on mushrooms at the time but remember being blown away hahaha)

Ahh, i was soo close to getting one for my band (back in the day obvs) but the thought of lifting all that wood.
They keyboard player always gets shafted with lfting .. especially if they're also the guitarist >.<

I bought a "hammond" for 90 quid ... but it was the wrong one! Fun ... but not mean or menacing haha

poke around for a M3. Not sure about where you are, but they are readily available in the US and all cheap! Most are in good shape as they've been sitting in "grandma's" house for years and not been moved around

poke around for a M3. Not sure about where you are, but they are readily available in the US and all cheap! Most are in good shape as they've been sitting in "grandma's" house for years and not been moved around
I'd never even heard of the M3 .. had to google it! Perhaps more of an American model that didn't make it accross the pond!
Was just watching a youtube viddy of someone that found one±!

Edit: the A100s were the cheaper version (a bit lighter i thnk) that we see more of here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back