Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a shot of a couple Grizzly Breath (Span Lion Genetics) in the middle of my butterfly garden:

20230524_125250.jpg

Got a few things to do today, maybe up pot the big clones, uppot the small OD ones. DMV for boys new “old” truck. And basic stuff. Gonna try to get the cornhole boards redone as well. But first, a few rips of banana purple punch x who’s daddy.View attachment 1597227View attachment 1597228
Smoke report with a month cure posted on “kindbuds test (for a friend)” thread. It is threadmarked!

Not to stomp on your story, but… speaking of bees, at the municipal job in Rome ny we were getting ready for a level run… partner is walking about 30’ in front of me and I hear that sound and look up. A very large swarm of bees are directly in front of him. I yell “ stop man! Those are bees!” He looks at me and says “ how can you tell?” I say “you can’t hear and see them?” He walks back and look from where I am standing… at least 100,000 bees swarming in front like a cloud. He thought they were cherry blossoms flying around. They finally calmed a little and we went to work. After initial set up, I walked back in that direction… saw two large clusters about 40’ apart collecting on branches. Felt like the Bee Czar when I realized there must be two queens and they are trying to decide where they should be. When we left they had all collected on a lower branch of a tall pin cherry with a good canopy spread. This cluster was about 3’ long and a conical shape of about 2’ diameter on the top and tapered down. Fascinating and scary at the time. If that cluster got riled and decided we were the cause we would be dead! There ain’t no surviving that many stings. And they’d be protecting their newly crowned queen. Most bees I’ve ever seen live!
We are heading back next week! If they built their nest in the pincherry, I’ll take a “telephoto” pic. Cuz won’t be getting near it.

We are heading back next week! If they built their nest in the pincherry, I’ll take a “telephoto” pic. Cuz won’t be getting near it.
I was doing a remodel on a old farm house and encountered a huge bee nest in the wall, it was massive! Had a bee keeper come and remove the hive, queen and most of the bees. Once the queen was removed, by the next day the remaining bees were gone. Finished removing the interior wall and exposed the rest of the hive and a large amount of honey!!!! YUM !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back