Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning @T RAEB .... :pass: ..sharing one.....

You would need a better brain than me.....but when I said I'd Love bees fed on canna honey I was told it wasn't possible....:shrug:...but I cannot remember the details Why......:pass:...it was a bit technical................for me.....................

#iblamethedope .......
I've read a fair bit about this and generally from people, who don't know that much about cannabis!

Some say the bees could collect Resin glands but there is no reason why they would do this.

Bees have been known to collect pollen from male plants, pollen is chewed by the bees to make the bees wax.

It is possible that some resin gland could become attached to the bees legs as they forage the pollen.

Generally speaking a bee will prefer a flower that has nectar (their food source which contain a lot of sugar) as the forage for the nectar the pollen sticks to their legs!

The only real canna honey would only be possible if the bees sucked the sweet sticky sap from the cannabis plant, which is produced in small amounts in a process called guttation , this happens when the plant produces too much sugar!

However it would be THC free, unless some resin gland get stuck to the pollen sacks on the legs. Guttation is not produce in large enough amounts to theoretically make a honey.

There is a guy who has claimed to have trained bees to gather resin but, I don't believe it, the bees want sugar.

It is possible the guy locks the bees in a room, with his canna plants and the bees desperately try to find a sugar source but alas none will be found.

However in their desperate search they will swarm over the flowering bud hoping to find something, this is the point where the guy takes a photo as some rather spurious proof of his crazy idea.

The easiest way to make canna honey is to do very high quality kief with as little pant matter in it as possible and then add to some honey, whist gently warming it and stirring.

A final sieving of the finish canna honey would remove any plant matter and large undissolved resin particle. sieving happens to commercial honey to remove pollen grains!

Another way to make canna honey would be to add a canna tincture, seeing as Glycerine is an alcohol sugar, it would be given preference to ethanol canna tincture but both would work.

We have all seen bees hard at work in the garden and easy enough to put 2 and 2 together but the answer will never be 4! Cannabis plants are just the wrong type of flowers, seeing as they don't produce nectar!

:crying:

If he comes over to give you a Slapping.....................................I'll hold your coats............:d5:
ahhh Just like a proper Toon lass would,do!! You can take the lass oot of the North but you can't take the North oot the lass! :rofl:

as the forage for the nectar the pollen sticks to their legs!

Hairy footed flower Bee......I Love the idea that there is a Hairy Footed Flower Bee tromping in me garden.....:d5:

1652989946127.png

I love bees!!!

Wasps SUCK!!!! They DIE if they are homemaking around the house!
Wasps are shite in the house, I'll give you that! But in the garden they are top notch as the hunt the pests that much you outdoor plants.
Now when is comes to Japanese Murder hornets, kill them all! A fair few people die from their stings in Japan.
I believe there is an eradication program in the USA, to get rid of these nasty bastards.
They are definitely in Europe and last year they were found for the first time in the UK.
They managed to catch one , put a tracker on it, it flew home , they tracked it and killed the whole nest!
OK Picture time so you can see how big they are
1652992009276.png

I love bees!!!

Wasps SUCK!!!! They DIE if they are homemaking around the house!
Wasps suck if there in the house your right. But they definetely have a purpose here on earth just like us. Its not nice to kill there nests outdoors. I leave there nests on my home. They never sting me or my wife or my kids so why bother them if theyre not bothering me. You cant really catch them and release them so what other option is left but to kill them inside tho? I kill them inside also as im nlt trying to catch a wasp. Lol. There actually very beneficial to have outside as they are predatory and can kill aphids and caterpillars which feed on our outdoor weed crops as well as the farmers crops who grow our food.

Wasps are shite in the house, I'll give you that! But in the garden they are top notch as the hunt the pests that much you outdoor plants.
Now when is comes to Japanese Murder hornets, kill them all! A fair few people die from their stings in Japan.
I believe there is an eradication program in the USA, to get rid of these nasty bastards.
They are definitely in Europe and last year they were found for the first time in the UK.
They managed to catch one , put a tracker on it, it flew home , they tracked it and killed the whole nest!
OK Picture time so you can see how big they are
View attachment 1461109
Shit i replied the same. Lol didnt see your post til after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back