Lighting Light and Easy Basic CFL Info

Ty noods Ill ask more questions as my breeders are here for 98% of the seeds I have...ISNT AFN THE BEST!!Hop digity:karma Cloud:

What is the recommended number of 125 watt bulbs to be use in a 2 foot x 4 foot 8 foot height closet I only plan on growing 1 plant at a time so I can really spend the time with it and compare to further grows. It is either cfl or 150 hps

The more light the more bud if you can control the temp and humidity!
50w a square feet so total 400W = 2 X cfl and one hps!
Just One plant I suggest one huge autoflower like thai fantasy or think different!

Best of luck

Hey Noods:

Thanks for the great info! I'm a novice grower, and I have a small plywood box that I had laying around and turned it into my pollen chucking cab.
I always wipe the entire inside with iso or bleach after I have collected the pollen off of one strain/pheno.
What I have been using for that as far as lighting, is just 3 23 watt CFls. Which has worked fine for that application.

The cab usually sets empty though, so I am getting ready to set it up with a real grow cab environment, for also using it as a nursery, and I could fit a low profile auto in there to grow out if needed be.

Anyway was able to get all the pertinent lighting/reflector information on this thread that I needed.

Thanks again bro, and max rep+ .

:peace:

Hey StickMan, thanks! :pass:
I had some males in pretty much the same set-up once. It was two big cardboard boxes taped together to form a "cab" and with air flaps and all that jazz. I lined it with aluminum foil (I used alu foil only as a short term quick fix- not advisable!) and had a couple of 12v computer fans for fresh air and four 23w 2700k's for warmth and light. The three boys I had in there were quite content. They spooged the whole place up in no time! :thumbs:
Happy growing! :smokeit: :peace:

Nice article what is the amount of bulbs/lumen you would want for a 3x3 (variable height) using the 26 watt 1,600 lumen 5,000k cfl ?

hey guys i was looking for some info, i have a 75 cm2 tent i run leds and my temps have been sitting around the 15c mark which i thought was kinda low. i was thinking of adding a tube heater but then i thought i could kill 2 birds with 1 stone and just add cfl's. what power of light should i get to bring my temps up a bit?

Salutations Larky.Derry,

...temps have been sitting around the 15c mark... ...just add cfl's.

While i was reading the post previous to yours i couldn't but think that 61.3 lm/W sounds inneficient, though it doesn't beat the Xtricity 65 Watts (4100 degrees K) which i was unlucky enough to find myself stuck with (10 of them!), at a mere 53.8 lm/W:
29nwn5u.jpg

40.gif

Normally i might have suggested to wrap each plant with 3 lamps, or 4 lamps if there are 2 ladies... 7 for 5, etc... Once one knows how many lamps he wants it becomes easier to decide what format it will be. But since energy loss actually serves a purpose in your case then there's no need to search for quality i guess and hence i'd just pick almost anythning above the 26 Watts format. Perhaps a model with some plastic protective coating as there's mercury inside...

:peace:

3 pieces of wood. - $5
3 ceramic light fixtures - $1.50 each
3 ext chords - $1.75 each
Hook screws- $2
Metal plates and screws - $3

Drill holes in center of each piece of wod. Cut female end of ext chord, pass exposed wires through hole in wood. Connect positive wire to positive terminal on light fixture and same for negative. Bolt light fixture towood. Connect boards with metal plates. Screw hook onto the side opposite of the light fixtures. Hang any where

Attachments

• 1396482410803.jpg
    1396482410803.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 314
Have any of you guys used these duel spectrum cfl's? Just nealy ready to start my first grow.
ive got a 250w duel spectrum, 4" rhino carbon filter and ruck fan ready to go. Just got to decide on what tent and how many lady's to do? Any advice? My grow area is restricted by height a bit which is a bit of a bummer!

Back