Lighting Light and Easy Basic CFL Info

I have a 300w dual, I have 3 under it and can't see any problems. Check my journal in my sig to see my grow if you please.

Good luck and karma to your grow!

I have a light fixture from a ceiling fan that has 5 lights. I put 5 splitters and now have 10 100w cfls in a 30x30 area. Unbelievable saturation of light and my home electric bill jumped a wapping $ 10 a month. I leave the 2 middle bulbs 6500K and all the others are 2700K. I start 2 seeds every 3 weeks and have a pretty constant havest of purple/skunk from seeds I made with fem. spray...
I grew photos outdoors for years now it's strictly auto with cfl's

LED outperforms CFL in everyway and more in my opinion. I switched and the benefits are very apparent.

I am very happy with the performance of my PL-L55 grow lights.but I don't see the fluoro crowd trying to hijack other threads.this seems to be a practice among the led crowd but having tried leds I was not impressed. not a cost effective way of growing.there are videos on youtube of people getting a gram per watt with cfls so I think it would be hard to improve on that. warm white led strip lights are cheap on ebay and run cool.in a micro grow they may work as side lighting or as a replacement for "red" bulbs in a mixed spectrum grow light but I can not see spending that kind of money for an led grow light when so many people have had great grows with HID or fluorescents which cost much less

If I was gonna use fluorescent lights what should I get to replace the 6500k and 2700k cfls

Does the wattage matter? Someone what wattage should I get for the 2700k and the 6500k cfl

the most possible without question. I ran 24x 23w both spectrum CFLS. Heat became an issue. You can do it two ways a bunch of 23w for price, or you can buy a couple 125w.

the 23 (100 watt equivalent) watt bulbs are the most efficient larger or smaller bulbs put out less lumens per watt so produce more heat for a given amount of light. you might find this video interesting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD9Mey9lOuA I don't think you could do much better with lights that cost ten times as much. and all solid state components claim a life expectancy of 50 to 100k hours. when was the last time you had a tv or radio last that long?

Back