Lighting Light and Easy Basic CFL Info

What would you recommend noods? i was looking at 1000 bulbs.com and they got a big selection.

The bigger the better, the more the merrier, stuff like that... :shrug:
It depends on your setup. Things like how much room do you have? Are you doing a small PC type grow, or do you have a big tent? The reflectors for the big bulbs (highly recommended!) are roughly 30x50 cm. Will more than one fit in your setup? What about air and fans and things like that to help with the heat and regulating temps? Lots of things to consider before you start so you can get all the right stuff together and don't end up having to mess around too much when you're in the middle of your grow. So, what are you planning?
:smokebuds:

i was thinking about a 2 x 2 grow room they have one for sale at 1000 bulbs i think it got vents on it i was going to put a fan in it and it has mylar reflector in it. Do you think 180 watt cfl that equals 600 watt would be good enough? will it be alot on electricity? i was thinking about using fox farm ocean soil. is that all i would need? or would i have to mix it with something? what about nutes? I really appreciate all your help!

Yes, it could be enough. I'll give you a real good bit of advice that will help you tremendously...

Go here--- https://www.autoflower.org/f44/ --- That's the New Growers Forum. Check out some threads there. The questions you asked, and questions that you didn't even know you were going to ask will be answered for you there.
And use this forum function to help you find some answers ----
noods-albums-private-picture173121-search.gif

When you're feeling up to it, start a thread in the NGF and you'll get lots of help from lots of people eager to jump in and guide you along.

Also, jump over to the Introductions and shout out a big "HIGH!" to the forum, if you like. --- https://www.autoflower.org/f35/ ---

Happy Growing and Big Green Karma coming your way... :wiz: :smokebuds:

milkman, please forgive me for not answering you sooner! I just now saw this. Sorry.
That's tight with that big old bulb in there, eh?

The more light the better, of course. The 125w bulb will be plenty for those three plants in that space to get a real good start. But then after about roughly four weeks, assuming all other factors are good, they'll have lots and lots of foliage that the 125 watts just won't be able to penetrate. I know you didn't want to hear that, but I know you want the truth. If you have the room for it and the heat doesn't become an issue, I'd add the 2700k bulb as well, when they start to flower. Is it also 125w? You'll also have to tuck your leaves, to help penetration.

Start up a thread with your setup and all and maybe a few pics and let's have a look and see what you have going on! Again, sorry I missed that! :smokebuds:

What is this TUCK YOUR LEAVES ?

Willy, very often, you'll have larger fan leaves from the main stalk or side branches hanging over top of the flowers and the smaller leaves powering those flowers. So what you do is just gently tuck the larger leaves down under the smaller leaves/stems so the flowers and their leaves can get the light. Really simple and effective, in my opinion. It doesn't shock the plant (autoflowers) and cause growth stutters like defoliation does/can.
:smokebuds:

hey nood's! sorry i just found out yesterday that i was assigned mod dutie's in cfl so we are subbing up to help if needed:D :buds:as abraham lincoln once said "party on dude".

Cool astro! :pass: But I thought old Abe's saying was "Party on with an attitude." :hippy: Is this how "dude" came to be, yo? :shrug:

Cool Beans, Thanks for the reply Noods. Yes it sounded like exactly what is means huh. I do have some dang beach umbrella sized leaves on the top of mine so maybe I can TUCK them. sweet. :peace:

Back