Light advice please!!

For my first setup I grew in a 2x2x7' water heater closet covered in safety blanket mylar from Walmart. Light was blurple(more pink) cob led, Holland Star x5 actual watts was 250. That grow was ok but light started burning out after 6 mos. I still grow in that closet under Mars hydro TS1000 but have two 4x4x80 tents. Spent 225 on 2 kingbrite QBs and added a Mars hydro TS 600 in between for 570 watts total and other one is Mars hydro 4x4x80 with fc-e 4800 480w. Light is the whole grow. You can do very well with a cheap tent and extractor but not cheap lights. Tent size plays a big part in light size. I don't know what the conversion rate is (US here) but Mars hydro has the complete packages as you know... Or a combo of light from reputable company and a space you built in your house.
I was going to buy the mars ts1000 package but a lot crappy reviews lol

I was going to buy the mars ts1000 package but a lot crappy reviews lol
I like my TS 1000. No problems so far. Another guy on here has a 2x4 and runs a sp3000? Loves the setup. But research says it’s 639 US. I’d say get a good light and DIY a grow room… just me… don’t even need Mylar as semigloss white paint is more reflective. Or so studies show. Plus paint will mostly seal a room and with an extractor you would have the pressure to keep smell down. I am sorry, you asked for an opinion on a tent light combo. Go with the one with the best light. Mars or spider. I was so eager to grow again I built my closet with the ordered light footprint in mind. DIY extractor out of a overhead projector, ducted. It’s working to this day! Not trying to hijack or pressure you in any way but I couldn’t wait for a proper setup to start. I’m sure you’ll make an informed decision due to all the knowledge on this forum!
3325D03D-64B3-4136-A92D-B89CF4CD27D7.jpeg

I like my TS 1000. No problems so far. Another guy on here has a 2x4 and runs a sp3000? Loves the setup. But research says it’s 639 US. I’d say get a good light and DIY a grow room… just me… don’t even need Mylar as semigloss white paint is more reflective. Or so studies show. Plus paint will mostly seal a room and with an extractor you would have the pressure to keep smell down. I am sorry, you asked for an opinion on a tent light combo. Go with the one with the best light. Mars or spider. I was so eager to grow again I built my closet with the ordered light footprint in mind. DIY extractor out of a overhead projector, ducted. It’s working to this day! Not trying to hijack or pressure you in any way but I couldn’t wait for a proper setup to start. I’m sure you’ll make an informed decision due to all the knowledge on this forum!View attachment 1418070
I’m in the uk so laws aren’t legal so smell is a huge factor, plus people clocking in to your grow so light leak. Kids, in laws etc loool

I’m in the uk so laws aren’t legal so smell is a huge factor, plus people clocking in to your grow so light leak. Kids, in laws etc loool
Completely understand. Stealth a must. Maybe get a shorter tent, might save some coin there. You would have to train your girls but your yields would be good. No long flowering sativas lol. If shipping wasn’t so long from China I’d say a 240w kingbrite 3500k basic model, preassembled electronics, some assembly required. For example, attaching hanging eyebolts, screwing 2 screws through holes to mount driver and connecting two plugs. And wires with connecting clips. 15 minutes. Amazon for the tent and in-line fan/filter combo. Light is 107 per unit USD and shipping is like 56? Maybe? But it’ll take about a month. That’ll light a 2x3 or 2x4 good. You’d be well under your limit I believe…. Not knowing exchange rate and all… and maybe some left over for good soil, ph meter, nutes, and some seeds (if you don’t have any,that is) good to go!

Mars hydro tsw2000=$229
Cheap 3x3=$80
Ac infinity s4=99
Vivosun 4in carbon filter=$40
2 small fans=$20
Apera ph20=$50
Tds meter$15
Ducting=$10

Total $543 all from Amazon and don't really need to buy the filter or fans or ducting right away...

Mars hydro tsw2000=$229
Cheap 3x3=$80
Ac infinity s4=99
Vivosun 4in carbon filter=$40
2 small fans=$20
Apera ph20=$50
Tds meter$15
Ducting=$10

Total $543 all from Amazon and don't really need to buy the filter or fans or ducting right away...
Sounds like you have a solid plan in place! We shall be awaiting your grow with it!

Do a smaller tent. a 2x2 produces like 5 oz of pot every three months...its stealthy, can fit in a closet, all you have to worry about is where to vent it. You could just buy one 3500k cob from cobshop.net to start. Can always add another cob later.
My only regret is that I have the room so I could have bought a bigger tent. But do I need more than 5 oz every three months? I keep telling myself no.

Do a smaller tent. a 2x2 produces like 5 oz of pot every three months...its stealthy, can fit in a closet, all you have to worry about is where to vent it. You could just buy one 3500k cob from cobshop.net to start. Can always add another cob later.
My only regret is that I have the room so I could have bought a bigger tent. But do I need more than 5 oz every three months? I keep telling myself no.
I “think” I don’t need more than 5 oz every 3 mos. But I can never keep up and end up being out before harvest. Gonna squirrel away a jar of each strain this grow, after smoking a fatty, and forget where I put them… that’ll solve the problem! Lol this is the reason I am trying to do perpetual. Add two, harvest two. And so on.

Back