Light advice please!!

I’m going 3’x3’ or 3’x5’
Well, I would decide on a tent size before buying a light...
For a 3x3, the Mars TS2000 would be better than the TS1000 - it can cover the entire 3x3 for bloom time. The ts1000 would only cover 2.5x2.5.

You could get 4 cobs from cobshop for under 500. Been using them for three years in a 3x3. Great lights

FWIW I am running a Mars FC3000 in a small (2x2.5' tent) and am happy with it. It would work for a 3x3 (not a 3x5). IMHO, etc

You could get 4 cobs from cobshop for under 500. Been using them for three years in a 3x3. Great lights

Thanks I’ve looked them up before, but my budget will be £500 for the lot as I’m strapped enough as it is lol

No problem buying a smaller light and adding as you go....I actually prefer running several smaller lights so adjustments are easier in a perpetual grow.

Thanks I’ve looked them up before, but my budget will be £500 for the lot as I’m strapped enough as it is lol
Ahh, sorry. Maybe start with 2. My last grow was 2 cobs in a 3x3. I added a seven way bulb splitter with six 10w led bulbs. Dunno if it helped out not, but I got a pretty good plant out of it.
IMG_20220120_164354722.jpg

There she is

For my first setup I grew in a 2x2x7' water heater closet covered in safety blanket mylar from Walmart. Light was blurple(more pink) cob led, Holland Star x5 actual watts was 250. That grow was ok but light started burning out after 6 mos. I still grow in that closet under Mars hydro TS1000 but have two 4x4x80 tents. Spent 225 on 2 kingbrite QBs and added a Mars hydro TS 600 in between for 570 watts total and other one is Mars hydro 4x4x80 with fc-e 4800 480w. Light is the whole grow. You can do very well with a cheap tent and extractor but not cheap lights. Tent size plays a big part in light size. I don't know what the conversion rate is (US here) but Mars hydro has the complete packages as you know... Or a combo of light from reputable company and a space you built in your house.

FWIW I am running a Mars FC3000 in a small (2x2.5' tent) and am happy with it. It would work for a 3x3 (not a 3x5). IMHO, etc
I agree with this guy! And you could do the fc-e3000 with the same wattage but slightly lower bin diodes for a few $ cheaper. If you are only growing for yourself, run it perpetual starting a plant every 3 weeks and cycle them through when they are done. Autos I mean running lights at 18/6 or 20/4

agree with this guy! And you could do the fc-e3000 with the same wattage but slightly lower bin diodes for a few $ cheaper.
Good advice. These units will produce. Here's my last run under the FC300 - AvT - 1 pound plant.

20211110_140619.jpg

Back