Status
Not open for further replies.
N

No thats for bulk price. Price per unit is €48. I am not really into DIY lighting. I prefer to buy a ready made unit. My question is would you buy it?? Would 2 of these make an impact in flowering growth??
I grew for along time with inefficient lighting and was never happy. The amount of usable light may seem ok to your eyes but not so much for the plants. Any light will help and increase growth naturally. I suppose I have a different view since I upgraded from that to this. The changes are amazing, Double to triple the yield and less wattage.

N

No thats for bulk price. Price per unit is €48. I am not really into DIY lighting. I prefer to buy a ready made unit. My question is would you buy it?? Would 2 of these make an impact in flowering growth??
Any extra lighting is going to help in my opinion. Those seem to be a bit pricey for what they are.. the price I saw was $148.00 eachthat is pretty expensive you could buy two mars 300's for that. I also am concerned at how cool they would run with that heat sink

I bought this CHINESE COB in September 2014 it is going as strong with no burn outs since then it is a powerhouse of a cob light at a fair price. Will it outperform CREE and meanwell drivers NO. But for the price point you can grow pounds and pounds of great crystal filled buds. She may be BLURPLE or what ever they say but if you are on a budget and do not want anything to do with DIY but want the power of a COB light this will fill the bill. I have ran it 24/7 for almost two years with out one problem.

tion:

Dimension:460mm*340mm *83.5mm

Net weight: 8kg Case Color: White

Chips Quantity: 6pcs*64x3W

Chip Size : Red : Blue : 42mil : 45mil

Working Frequency : 50-60Hz

Lifespan: 50000-100000 hours

Working Temperature: -20 to 40 ℃

Worldwide Voltage: AC85~265V

Certification : CE FCC ROHS

Angle of Reflector : 90 degree

Rated Power :1200w

Working Power :600w+-5%

Recommended Height: 0.3 m- 2 m

Ratio& Layout :630nm 640nm 660nm 440nm 460nm 470nm 525nm 730nm 610nm

(Most approriate light proportion for the growth of commercial plants)
s-l1600.jpg

and when they burn,you can always replace it with cree cobs.. win win situation..

With the price of citizen 1212's being 13.25 each in USA and EU guys getting them on eBay for $10 each. Passive fin heatsinks being a life time of free cooling for $15 per cob that puts you at 28.25 per cob which gives off twice the light. If the above light is 150watts you could run 3 cobs and power then with a meanwell driver for 32$ putting you at the same price with double the light. Or another option is powering them to be the same amount of light for 1/2 the wall wattage. I really think the lighting markets going to make a huge change in the future for more efficient options. It's already off to a great start

Thanks disco. I like less expensive options and I always feel like people think better cost more. It doesn't. This light above, it most likely has between 25-35par watts. How can that be 1000w comparison?

Growmau nailed it in a comment I heard awhile back. Watts are a unit of measure, not necessarily what the plants are getting.

For instance. A 100$ light with 25 par watts is costing you 4$ per watt. A 100$ light with 50 par watts is costing you 2$ per watt. If you do the math on the "less expensive" your actually paying much more.

you have a link to said light build ?

Guys and gals please head over to the DIY led section. Not saying DIY is for everyone or should be but there is some great info on lighting too. We are creating panels that more than double the light output at half the wattage. Citizen and Cree cob lights that don't cost much more than the cheap eBay panels. I just made a specific light that draws 55watts and has a higher par reading than a mars 600.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back