New Grower LED Auto Daquiri Lime Grow

Welcome to AFN!

The Daquiri Lime strain looks great but I’ve not grown any Dutch Passion yet though have some other strains to try at some point. Good luck with the grow Sensi [emoji1303]

HH

HushHush does Mephisto

https://www.autoflower.org/threads/hushhush-does-mephisto.66600

Thanks @HushHush.

This will be my first DP grow.

The only seed banks I’ve ever used are Heavyweightseeds and 2fast4buds.

Grew a lot of Heavyweight’s photo Fruit Punch, which was a dream!

Then made the switch to autos and never looked back.

I have been growing 2fast4buds auto GSC for a long time. Lovely stuff. Currently have 3 of them still going, one around 7 weeks, one 6, the other is 4 weeks.

They will be my last for a while, going full on with the Lime Daquiri if the strain is as good as everyone says.

Impressive stuff. Must say I’m hooked on @Teetee and his insane grows!
Well I just started my own couple of Auto Daquiri Limes so I’m going to try and keep you all updated with the progress.
Let’s do this

Wow what an intro.... thanks for the big up! Why you chose to single me out is beyond me, there are so many MUCH better growers on AFN than myself..... I learned so much from the AFN Community and it's great to know my ramblings have kept you away and safe from the dangers and disappointments of scoring street weed.

Genetics are the key, and Dutch Passion are superb.... they have such reliable, stable strains, you can't go wrong!
Daiquiri Lime is one of my favourites.... really tasty, very potent, and she just delivers huge amounts! You're in for a treat!

It's great you've upgraded your gear, the EC meter is the best investment, and that 1000W light should be the business! I use H&G so can vouch for that and I hear nothing but good stuff about the Ecothrive gear.

One thing I learned was to go easy.... these plants practically grow themselves. Keep your light as high as possible to start off, and after 2 weeks you can move up a gear. Let them grow towards the lights rather than trying to maintain a fixed distance.
Any stress in the first 3-4 weeks will deplete the plant..... the veg period is very limited, and you don't need periods of 3-4 days of slowed growth at any time, but once they go into flower, you can piss them off a bit and reap the rewards!

Hope all goes well, looking forward to seeing how you get on!
Here's some rep to get to started! :slap:

Wow what an intro.... thanks for the big up! Why you chose to single me out is beyond me, there are so many MUCH better growers on AFN than myself..... I learned so much from the AFN Community and it's great to know my ramblings have kept you away and safe from the dangers and disappointments of scoring street weed.

Genetics are the key, and Dutch Passion are superb.... they have such reliable, stable strains, you can't go wrong!
Daiquiri Lime is one of my favourites.... really tasty, very potent, and she just delivers huge amounts! You're in for a treat!

It's great you've upgraded your gear, the EC meter is the best investment, and that 1000W light should be the business! I use H&G so can vouch for that and I hear nothing but good stuff about the Ecothrive gear.

One thing I learned was to go easy.... these plants practically grow themselves. Keep your light as high as possible to start off, and after 2 weeks you can move up a gear. Let them grow towards the lights rather than trying to maintain a fixed distance.
Any stress in the first 3-4 weeks will deplete the plant..... the veg period is very limited, and you don't need periods of 3-4 days of slowed growth at any time, but once they go into flower, you can piss them off a bit and reap the rewards!

Hope all goes well, looking forward to seeing how you get on!
Here's some rep to get to started! :slap:

Thanks my man

To be honest, it was your diaries on the Daquiri Lime that swung me towards growing them.

Was wanting a change from my regular GSC growing and tried to find diaries on all the strains I was interested in.

That’s when I found the @Teetee 11 ouncer. My mind was pretty settled after reading your descriptive diary and the results. Then as I went on I found the next one around 17 ounces! I was sold haha.

It saying I’m going to get anywhere near that but as for a guide on growing it, I’m loosely following yours.

Summer here in U.K. and believe it or not, there really isn’t much rain this time! So I haven’t had the pleasure of EC 0 rain water. My tap water is just over 0.45 to start which doesn’t take much to raise with nutes etc. Hence why I’ve gone for 0.8 - 0.9 to begin with.

Thanks for the rep aswell

No worries Sensi.... those grows were mental! Old school Blurple LEDs as well! After doing the Daiquiris, you should think about some Glueberry OG.
Seems like you have some growing pedigree what with the Fruit Punch grows.... what made you switch to Autos?
Rainwater is brilliant stuff, but you need a lot of it.... I'm using around 30L a day..... lets say I use that amount for the last 2 months of the grow - 60 days.... thats 1800L water, or 1.8 tonnes of the stuff!
This state's been in drought for months now..... cool dry winters, beautiful sunshine.... but Summer's coming,. which means tropical storms and a shitload of rain. This weekend, after 3 months of no rain, we're getting a month's rain in one day, hopefully. (You can tell I'm a Pom, cos we always go back to talking weather).
Have you thought about using an RO filter and getting a flexitank, to get some nice clean EC 0 base water to give your girls a totally controlled feed? If you had more room to play with with your EC you'll get better results as you can use boosters etc without cooking the plants. The H&G Nitrogen Boost is excellent stuff to get them big, but it pushes up the EC.

Anyway, I'm rambling again.... Glueberry OG in the morning has that effect on me!

Hi guys,

Onto day 16...

Upped the feed to 1 litre each. Now, seem to be needing at fed every 3-4 days at the moment.

Mixed 1g of Biosys, (recommended to add every 1-2 weeks), in a jug with 100ml of water to make a paste. Then added to the rest of the water. It took the EC to around 0.82.

Added Cal/mag to take to 0.9 then H+G A and B brought it to a tiny bit over 1.0.

Brought the ph down to 5.8

Evenly sprayed mixture around the air pots.

Nothing exciting to report yet but plants are looking ok. No problems so far.

Would like to bring the LED down a bit but still have another 2 weeks on a GSC in the room. That is literally about 8 inches under the light at the moment so once that goes I’ll be lowering it.

Attachments

• A12153A2-E087-43A5-B6FB-E57740426834.jpeg
    A12153A2-E087-43A5-B6FB-E57740426834.jpeg
    194.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 580FCD3B-AE4C-4137-8B79-7D90699F0DDB.jpeg
    580FCD3B-AE4C-4137-8B79-7D90699F0DDB.jpeg
    188.7 KB · Views: 55
  • 39567ED1-CD1D-46A9-A55C-096AE001201E.jpeg
    39567ED1-CD1D-46A9-A55C-096AE001201E.jpeg
    201.7 KB · Views: 54
  • 4039378D-72BE-4846-93DE-EC7564C4AE8B.jpeg
    4039378D-72BE-4846-93DE-EC7564C4AE8B.jpeg
    221.2 KB · Views: 47
  • D63797EE-9A44-49C4-9F14-C554EA9A5F61.jpeg
    D63797EE-9A44-49C4-9F14-C554EA9A5F61.jpeg
    202.5 KB · Views: 58
  • 1D6117F0-2E49-4AC1-9C3C-3F56E52AD81A.jpeg
    1D6117F0-2E49-4AC1-9C3C-3F56E52AD81A.jpeg
    216.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 576ED202-8C62-40A7-B1E7-952355D72ADD.jpeg
    576ED202-8C62-40A7-B1E7-952355D72ADD.jpeg
    228.3 KB · Views: 49
  • 2165C698-78E3-435F-ABBE-E02EBDE10308.jpeg
    2165C698-78E3-435F-ABBE-E02EBDE10308.jpeg
    207.2 KB · Views: 47
No worries Sensi.... those grows were mental! Old school Blurple LEDs as well! After doing the Daiquiris, you should think about some Glueberry OG.
Seems like you have some growing pedigree what with the Fruit Punch grows.... what made you switch to Autos?
Rainwater is brilliant stuff, but you need a lot of it.... I'm using around 30L a day..... lets say I use that amount for the last 2 months of the grow - 60 days.... thats 1800L water, or 1.8 tonnes of the stuff!
This state's been in drought for months now..... cool dry winters, beautiful sunshine.... but Summer's coming,. which means tropical storms and a shitload of rain. This weekend, after 3 months of no rain, we're getting a month's rain in one day, hopefully. (You can tell I'm a Pom, cos we always go back to talking weather).
Have you thought about using an RO filter and getting a flexitank, to get some nice clean EC 0 base water to give your girls a totally controlled feed? If you had more room to play with with your EC you'll get better results as you can use boosters etc without cooking the plants. The H&G Nitrogen Boost is excellent stuff to get them big, but it pushes up the EC.

Anyway, I'm rambling again.... Glueberry OG in the morning has that effect on me!

Hey man,

Sorry for the late reply. The switch to auto was something I wanted to try for a while.
Once I made the switch I wouldn’t move back to photo.
I just find having plants of different ages in the grow room to be to my suiting. Better for rotation, I generally plant every five weeks in there now.
Not having to worry about the light period switch is perfect. I just go 22hrs all the way now.
To be fair autos are just as good as photo plants these days, they’ve come a long way.
As long as you get good genetics from a decent supplier you’re onto a winner.
I’m definitely going to look into an RO system in the future.
Going to see how these fair up with the new growing method and go from there.
Would be nice to have an that extra 0.4 EC available to play with. It’s quite a lot in the scheme of things.

Day 17

Ive experienced lower temps the last few days. England’s summer has definitely ended prematurely as usual haha. Crazy rain and winds in August
A bit worrying as it’s not all that cold but the room is around 22 in the day.
I fear for the next couple of months when the temps drop as autumn/winter set in.

I’ve decided to add the dual spectrum Lumii black hid light from my old setup.
Not only will it help with the temps but will also add a mixture light to the room with the LED.

Anybody else used a hybrid setup? Would love to hear some results and your thoughts.

The lamp is a 600w dimmable, I’ve started out on 250w setting. Just to see how things go. Would sooner start off as low as possible rather than scorch my plants.

I removed the reflector from the light so it’s practically just the metal bar with the bulb fitting.
I’ve attached this to the side of my LED light so it’ll be the same height at the moment.

If it gets too much I can always just turn it off anyway.

Interested to see how this turns out.

Attachments

• 113D6BB2-083B-4B29-9D05-573F2E047830.jpeg
    113D6BB2-083B-4B29-9D05-573F2E047830.jpeg
    89.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 9C3F1C4B-7A21-4D0E-9128-20B91F1C08C2.jpeg
    9C3F1C4B-7A21-4D0E-9128-20B91F1C08C2.jpeg
    130.5 KB · Views: 40
This is weird?! I’ve had a bout 3 updates and conversations since the last post shown and it’s sll disappeared? What’s happened?

This is weird?! I’ve had a bout 3 updates and conversations since the last post shown and it’s sll disappeared? What’s happened?

Hey Sensi, we had a drive fail on the server yesterday and we had to restore the last working backup, so some posts/messages unfortunately got lost when we did the restore (not intentional.)

Hey Sensi, we had a drive fail on the server yesterday and we had to restore the last working backup, so some posts/messages unfortunately got lost when we did the restore (not intentional.)

Ah man, that sucks. It’s about a week or twos worth of useful info from @Teetee plus journal entries.
Ok not to worry. Just a bit annoying now as this was also a journal I was using a a guide to keep checks on where I’m at.

Back