@Shiva's Mistress Have you had a chance to see them since the storm or is it still stormy?

I haven't. The storm has basically passed, but then supposed to have some more rain from midday to evening.
I don't think it will be heavy, and while it's definitely cloudy outside, looks not so bad.
While try this evening, when rain should have stopped, as then I can do work (if needed) under cover of darknessssssss......

Three (I think?) days of no rain, but nice sunshine and heat,
thought they'd need a drink and may be wilting.
Did my all in black ninja dress code and made a night visit.
No wilting at all, the pots still had some weight.
I think the mulch is definitely helping somewhat.
Though the weekend did have a lot of rain.

The bent Jacqui Herer branch was down again.
Still healthy, and bud-lets curling up, very cute.
So tucked her back in through the other tall colas.
She's still fine bent down, but would prefer to keep her off the ground.
So may require a more solid fix, maybe ... reusable chopstick splint (??).

Took off a few yellowing leaves, mostly from Miss Golden Thailand.
Both her and Jacqui Herer are just a mass of white pistils now.
Still very fresh and fertile (if I had a cute stud nearby, pity I don't...)
They are very much still expanding and filling out.

Fed them a total of 3.5 liters, that's a US gallon, boys! :p
That should last them another three days at this rate.
And there may be rain by Sunday, perfect timing.

Went to the pond to refill the replace the bottles.
Just before the pond is a tiny, but muddy, stream that I have to cross.
The farmer(s) has left sandbags as steps, thanks,
but I'm also worried I'm going to miss my step in the dark,
and land in that mud holding two heavy bottles of pond water.

On the way back, I startled the local stray dog pack,
who got quite aggressive, as usual, and all ran at me barking loudly.
I screamed at them even louder and ran straight back at them.
Haha! They kept their distance.
That got my adrenaline flowing (even more!), and made me laugh.

It's actually these stray dogs around here that kind of keep people away from my girls.

Have a great evening, gro-migos and gro-migas!
:love:
Hey SM :pass: Amiga is good the typhoon only skirted your area, dont want that with all the rain and winds. Thai girl she will take it well being Sativa, and her homeland would see some rain, where her genetics are from.

OMG , that made me laugh, ahaha:rofl: could see them all scared and shocked, maybe confused who knows lol, but true if you ran away they would give chase stand up to them, they back down., they are doing a good job looking after your girls. The poor things probably dumped

Hey SM :pass: Amiga is good the typhoon only skirted your area, dont want that with all the rain and winds. Thai girl she will take it well being Sativa, and her homeland would see some rain, where her genetics are from.

OMG , that made me laugh, ahaha:rofl: could see them all scared and shocked, maybe confused who knows lol, but true if you ran away they would give chase stand up to them, they back down., they are doing a good job looking after your girls. The poor things probably dumped

Can be it's own chapter in "Adventures of Ganja-Girl -- Inner City Guerilla Grower" !

Yeah, lucky the typhoon just caught us on the edges.
I did go out after dark.
They were fine, really.

The leaning branch on Lady Jacqui down a bit, after I tied it a few days ago using a strip of grass (really I did!!!)
I tied it back up a bit higher with another strip of grass, it seems to work well!

Miss Thailand was her usual self, leaning a bit, but that's because the pot base is not flat.
Pulled a few more yellowing leaves off her, keep her clean of any dead matter, very important.

It was dark, but I think that Lady Jacqui is as dense, if not more dense, than Miss Thailand.
But Lady Jacqui's buds are long spears, about 12" long and straight, and aroma thickening up.
Whereas Miss Thailand has bushier buds with more lateral growth.
Miss Thai is still more mature though than Lady Jacqui.

I gave them both a shake all around, shed some of that water.
But then once I got home, the rain started again, but no where near as heavy as yesterday.
So that's just more watering for them.

Maybe some sunshine, clouds and a shower or two in the next days forecast.
I will try to give them some nutrients next time I have to hand water though.
One last feed for Miss Thailand, perhaps, and encouragement to Lady Jacqui to bulk those pretty flowers.

They're beautiful in the full moon light.
The upcoming waning moon cycle should help flower development, too.

La Buena Hierba Selection

After the typhoon, apart from checking on them to see if they had fallen over (no problems there),
I didn't water at the time because they had received maybe 4" = 100mm of rain.
Four days of pretty good weather, lots of sun, a little cloud, I thought they may be wilting and thirsty.
They weren't wilting when I got there, so I think that they are slowly drinking less now.
Either that or the typhoon soaking really held them over for a while.

I brought in some of the Peters 5-11-26, possibly a little too strong, and added to 1.5 liters of water.
Gave them a drink, but not a lot, because I want to keep them slightly drier,
better for flowering, and also help lower water levels and RH.
Also, some rain maybe tomorrow and Sunday as well.

Hope my Peters mix isn't too strong, but they could do with some PK in particular at this point.
Hopefully the rain will dilute it down a bit.
Maybe some curling leaves coming up ... will try to water again fresh water soon.

Day 101 (Flowering Day 74) La Buena Hierba: Thai Gold Photo

20200807 LBH Selection (3).jpg

I just continue to remove some of the smaller, very pale yellow leaves.
Some are not just yellow, but dried up, which I definitely remove to avoid any dead plant matter still on the stem.

20200807 LBH Selection (4).jpg

Can still see the fresh white pistils, even though she is hitting 11 weeks since first sign of flowers.
LBH site says 9 weeks, but this is a Thai Landrace X Guerilla Gold.
GG is about 8 weeks, the Thai could easily be 15, so a straight hybrid I think 11 weeks is no problem.
I'm just going to let her go, because she's still bulking and has enough green in her to keep building too.

Day 72 (Flowering Day 35) La Buena Hierba: Jack Herer Auto

Lady Jacqui still building as well.
She has a few yellowing leaves, but still not as much as Miss Thailand.
Her colas are getting thick, and the node spacing is filling in with flower.

20200807 LBH Selection (1).jpg

20200807 LBH Selection (2).jpg

But you can see, still lots of fresh white pistils, and she's still got a lot more weight to put on!
See those razor teeth on the edges of the leaves?
I think that's a Jack Herer characteristic, had it on my two little Heavyweight Jack Pot Autos as well.

Should get some solid buds out of these two plants.
They are not big plants, in fairly small pots, less than 2 gal, but the sun is doing its magic!

Love and hugs,
~SM

Last edited:
Your ladies look great! Your going to have some great bud.

After the typhoon, apart from checking on them to see if they had fallen over (no problems there),
Four days of pretty good weather, lots of sun, a little cloud, I thought they may be wilting and thirsty.
They weren't wilting when I got there, so I think that they are slowly drinking less now.

I brought in some of the Peters 5-11-26, possibly a little too strong, and added to 1.5 liters of water.

Hope my Peters mix isn't too strong, but they could do with some PK in particular at this point.
Maybe some curling leaves coming up ... will try to water again fresh water soon.

View attachment 1221202

Some are not just yellow, but dried up, which I definitely remove to avoid any dead plant matter still on the stem.

View attachment 1221203

Can still see the fresh white pistils, even though she is hitting 11 weeks since first sign of flowers.
GG is about 8 weeks, the Thai could easily be 15, so a straight hybrid I think 11 weeks is no problem.
I'm just going to let her go, because she's still bulking and has enough green in her to keep building too.

View attachment 1221200

View attachment 1221201

But you can see, still lots of fresh white pistils, and she's still got a lot more weight to put on!

They are not big plants, in fairly small pots, less than 2 gal, but the sun is doing its magic!

Love and hugs,
~SM

Your ladies look great! Your going to have some great bud.

Thanks @pop22 , I appreciate that comment!

I'm getting tempted to snip a little Thai sampler,
but she still has a ways to go.
They were born about a month apart,
but their harvest dates will be closer.

Can be it's own chapter in "Adventures of Ganja-Girl -- Inner City Guerilla Grower" !

See those razor teeth on the edges of the leaves?
I think that's a Jack Herer characteristic, had it on my two little Heavyweight Jack Pot Autos as well.

Love and hugs,
~SM
Hey SM, ive been a bit MIA about AFN, haha well feels like it was forever since i was here. :pass:

I was tempted to do some photoshop for a funny cover for "Adventures of Ganja-Girl -- Inner City Guerilla Grower" , one adventure was the fierce dogs that got shut down by Ganja Girl and out of respect decide to protect her crop

Maybe that 100mm or so of rain soaked well deep into the soil. The Peters has some nice high P and K for bloom. I would not know if it was too strong, i always go for less than what they say

Thats the indoors 12/12 times so i think Miss Thailand might be a bit longer as you said around 11 - 12 weeks. Lady Jacky, i can see she has thickened more since I last saw her. Nothing like the sun for the plants, they dont have to endure any cold over night temps which is good. I hope the weather stays good there, for the ladies

Hey SM, ive been a bit MIA about AFN, haha well feels like it was forever since i was here. :pass:

I was tempted to do some photoshop for a funny cover for "Adventures of Ganja-Girl -- Inner City Guerilla Grower" , one adventure was the fierce dogs that got shut down by Ganja Girl and out of respect decide to protect her crop

Maybe that 100mm or so of rain soaked well deep into the soil. The Peters has some nice high P and K for bloom. I would not know if it was too strong, i always go for less than what they say

Thats the indoors 12/12 times so i think Miss Thailand might be a bit longer as you said around 11 - 12 weeks. Lady Jacky, i can see she has thickened more since I last saw her. Nothing like the sun for the plants, they dont have to endure any cold over night temps which is good. I hope the weather stays good there, for the ladies

Thought you were a bit quiet lately.

It's hard to judge amounts of nutrients when you are balancing rainfall plus hand watering,
have some nutrients in the medium but also some in the water.
They didn't freak out immediately, so I'm assuming it was not a bad amount.

It's been cloudy with a little rain last few days, more typhoons on the edges, though no direct hits.
So humidity is of course up high again...
There is never any cold weather, day or night, nights are around 27C or 28C.
But the sun should be out again very soon.

Forecast says this week soon back to mostly okay with a few afternoon showers,
and next week looks fairly warm/hot and dry.
That may be good for Miss Thailand, as a nice hard, hot, dry week will do her wonders.
May be enough to finish her off, if I'm lucky.
And good for Lady Jacqui too, of course, but she'll still need longer.

Back