:rofl: me first me first! .... I have been begging for fem's 2 years now!
.... I'm sure AFN will get roped in for testing/sponsored grows at some point,... I'm thinking right now it's quality control testing and such; sure makes me wish I could see how they are doing outside in their test plots!
You're a perfect candidate luv, so I'm wagering you'll be putting them to the tropi'-test by next year :eyebrows:

persistent bastards are they,... last two seasons at the friend/clients place they have decided to rasp off the fucking "barky" layer at the base of some plants, damn near girdled the Skunk Special last year! I took that as War and poured out a ring of KCl around the roller cart base perimeters (I use it for Cl micronute supp'ing, salt substitute),... got them to FO real quick-like :finger::muahaha:...

...yeah I suspect there's no reveg happening, just typical Thai cross slow bloom starting,... I noted at ACE, some of their more landracey cultivars are given recommendations of 1-2 hours less light from 12/12 for bloom finishing... Not that it applies here but you see why equatorial landraces can be a challenge!

:thumbsup:-- glad the out-planting went smoothly,...She's as set as she can get! :goodluck: :karmacloud:

:yoinks: :doh:... what the fek?! I hear some stories of some landraces with odd-ball "auto" in their population (fairly common in this line of PNG at another forum), but a mixed cross like this? Hmmmm, I'd see if Dubi or soembody can share some insight on that!

Very true right? I wonder if that 12/12 thing is more geared toward indoor growers and making bloody sure there's not reveg' funny bizz!
Here at Lat. 36.6, Solstace is 14:40 daylight... by mid Aug. it's 13:20-ish, 13/11 by beginning of Sept.... bloom starts for me more or less mid Aug.,....everything without exception finishes sooner than described apples-to-apples.....

:pause::pause::pause: ..BBL, dog-walk o'clock!

You nailed it!

Screenshot_20200623-014533.jpg

Hi SM
The girls are doing great from what i see. I do love Thai Gold with her Sativa leaves, She is a bit paler than the Jack Herer, but maybe Jack Herer is like that, some plants are lighter maybe. Its good she has recovered from the accidental break.

I bet it is hot there, and most people would not want to leave their ac or fans. I do hope you get showers soon, as you mentioned the grasses are starting to bend a little.

SM, off topic, how did you find Charlottes Angel? Ive been wondering what would be a good photo period CBD, i have grown Dinamed CBD auto and she is a very very nice plant with nice flavour and smoke. I do know CA has had a few awards as well.

Hi SM
The girls are doing great from what i see. I do love Thai Gold with her Sativa leaves, She is a bit paler than the Jack Herer, but maybe Jack Herer is like that, some plants are lighter maybe. Its good she has recovered from the accidental break.

I bet it is hot there, and most people would not want to leave their ac or fans. I do hope you get showers soon, as you mentioned the grasses are starting to bend a little.

I'm watching the weather forecasts and the skies for nice black thunder-head clouds!

SM, off topic, how did you find Charlottes Angel? Ive been wondering what would be a good photo period CBD, i have grown Dinamed CBD auto and she is a very very nice plant with nice flavour and smoke. I do know CA has had a few awards as well.

My Charlotte's Angel... I really wanted an auto, but seed banks didn't have, so got photo. Did her in a 1L pot, hahahaha!!
Also did Sweet Seeds Sweet Pure CBD and a Heavyweight Seeds Strawberry Cheesecake, all photos, in 1L pots each.

The Charlotte was the pickiest plant, leaves often droopy but not sure if it was too much or not enough water, or something else.
More sativa structure, longer nodes, thinner leaves, topped her once, then twice, as my tiny space had limited room.
Most of the problems were really due to doing a photo in a 1L pot, with several weeks veg!

In the end, made her into a kind of thin RSO, ethyl alcohol cook down, plus extra olive oil to thin it and make it usable.
It worked fairly well, had a good positive straight CBD effect.

The Sweet Pure was quite different, not really any branching, so I didn't top her.
Her leaves were fat, wide indica style, dark green and healthy.
But the end result was just one little top bud, again, due to photo in a 1L pot.

I would definitely still like to try the Auto CA, or the Auto Dinamed, they both look good.
And just get them in decent sized pots, even 6 or 7 L would be good, let alone something bigger.

There's a link in my signature line for details here.

Hi SM
That sounds good, you can see it looks stormy out there, they will like a good thunderstorm to water them and the grasses., the second most important plants are the cover plants.

Thanks SM, shall look through your link, wow lol she would have loved her 1L pot. she would have least been restricted in size, as a photo Charlottes Angel would get pretty large i would expect. I remember you mentioning Sweet Pure, maybe a better pot she might be a good plant to try for CBD. Maybe it was the pot, that Charlotte ANgel did not lke but the other girls didnt mind.

I need to master eatables, that sounds nice what you made, sounds like Sweet Pure was pretty trouble free over Charlotte Angel.

My Charlotte Angel auto was only 7cm tall and i got 0.21gram dry haha but it was good lol. I would not blame the genetic for that, more me. Dinamed is a beautiful plant,i can vouch for it. 6 or 7 would be perfect and movable still

Hi SM
That sounds good, you can see it looks stormy out there, they will like a good thunderstorm to water them and the grasses., the second most important plants are the cover plants.

Thanks SM, shall look through your link, wow lol she would have loved her 1L pot. she would have least been restricted in size, as a photo Charlottes Angel would get pretty large i would expect. I remember you mentioning Sweet Pure, maybe a better pot she might be a good plant to try for CBD. Maybe it was the pot, that Charlotte ANgel did not lke but the other girls didnt mind.

I need to master eatables, that sounds nice what you made, sounds like Sweet Pure was pretty trouble free over Charlotte Angel.

My Charlotte Angel auto was only 7cm tall and i got 0.21gram dry haha but it was good lol. I would not blame the genetic for that, more me. Dinamed is a beautiful plant,i can vouch for it. 6 or 7 would be perfect and movable still

I think she hated that little pot! :p
And I vegged those photos for too long, as well.

While still healthy, the Sweet Pure, day 42:
1592903284700.png

Compared to the Charlotte when still young and healthy, day 42:
1592903342400.png

That Heavyweight Strawberry Cheesecake seemed fine though.
Not big buds, but a perfect delicate little topped plant.
She ended up like this, about day 85 or something:
1592902935400.png

Your CA Auto sounds even sadder than mine!
Should maybe try the Dinamed next time I want a full CBD plant.

I think she hated that little pot! :p
And I vegged those photos for too long, as well.

While still healthy, the Sweet Pure, day 42:
View attachment 1205440

Compared to the Charlotte when still young and healthy, day 42:
View attachment 1205441

That Heavyweight Strawberry Cheesecake seemed fine though.
Not big buds, but a perfect delicate little topped plant.
She ended up like this, about day 85 or something:
View attachment 1205439

Your CA Auto sounds even sadder than mine!
Should maybe try the Dinamed next time I want a full CBD plant.
Hi SM :pass:
She was tiny, upside CA was a breeze to harvest , but was diffcult to cut the tiny little fans and haha:dizzy:

I can see how lovely Sweet Pure was over CA, CA looks like the bag seed auto i have growing, she is a bit of trouble

Not sure if the long vege would have affected them, and maybe CA likes room and was protesting the only way she can lol but playing up for you

Strawberry Cheese cake looks lovely and with name like that, must be sweetish smoke vape or bake

La Buena Hierba Selection -- Round 3 -- Day 56 (Bloom Day 25)

Quick post.
Very hot and dry June for here.
Can see the Thai Gold is thirsty.

20200625 LBH Selection (1).jpg

I think today it is very clear that she is certainly flowering and setting out her bud structure.
20200625 LBH Selection (2).jpg

The soil in in her pot is getting dry enough that the water takes quite a while to soak in.
Need some good rain to soak her through.

La Buena Hierba Selection -- Round 4 -- Day 31

Still no signs of sex on the Jack Herer Auto (?).
Doesn't look at thirsty, but she's a younger plant.
20200625 LBH Selection (3).jpg

She's lost those big fans, maybe the heat and thirst.
But color and vigor is otherwise there.

20200625 LBH Selection (4).jpg

The growth after the second topping is starting to come through nicely.

Is supposed to rain over the next few days.
Hope we get a good downpour to soak these ladies.

You nailed it!
:biggrin: now that's interesting Damien, and great that you could directly bend Dubi's ear about this! Makes you wonder which side of the family that semi-auto'ing characteristic is coming from,... If she produces the Goods then you have found a gem! :woohoo1:

Smokey, Sweet is loaded with CBD photo's based on their best cultivars! I think most are around 1:1 - 1:2 ratio, plenty of speed too...
Sadly maybe the line of MM died out when he got busted, a few knock offs today, more a legend myth now the plant.
Mate, let me look into this, there might me MM seeds out there from a reliable source breeder!
Haha!!!! Okay, we both get first dibs, but you have to provide me 24/7 support.
Hey, speaking of which, all of us growing LBH beans should get on his site and write reviews for him.
And then maybe say if he can use our pics for his site or whatever.
Give LBH a bit of support, and I'm sure he'll look after us!
That's a plan - :thumbsup: ...first we gotta deliver the goods though :eyebrows:
Those snails are major issue for smaller plants during the rains.
A while back, I have a photo of a huge snail on the top cola of my Sweet Cream Mandarine XL Auto.
It's like a couple of feet up the plant. WTF??!
I've found their snot-trails all over! They obey no laws of gravity, I mean, they are somehow navigating their way across dry concrete to the roller carts the plants are on, up a wheel, through the convoluted plastic underside, up the side of the fabric pot and onto the plant! :doh:
Okay, hope you're right. Reassuring at least...
She's only half Thai in the end, the other half is good old Guerilla Gold... heavy afghani, right?
..pretty sure, yeah,....
I think so. Tell the noobs they need to do 12/12, no more.
Maybe some "indoor only" strains really do need it. I'm not sure.

You in Fesno.... or on the coast??
Great climate around there!
A lot depends on the character of the cultivar, then the pheno', etc,... I don't recall any ID photo growers going to 13/11, but that certainly may be sufficient!

That Gorilla Breath I grew last year has no "speedy" parents in it, and she bloomed sooner than anything I have had to date, and finished as fast as GPF1FV, so one can never tell what will fall out of the genetic bag!

Not anywhere near the miserable Central Valley that gawds! I'm coastal.... hence my mold wars :nono:

Fingers crossed on the rain relief SM :goodluck:... the guerilla girls are doing well in such a tough place!

Back