I'm just adding enough lime to the water I use (to water the plants)to raise it up one point to 6.8. Takes very little but it can take a few test strips to zero in on it. I'm basically trying to make up for not adding enough lime when I ammended my soil this time :eyebrows:
I would think top-dressing could do the same:pass:

Thanks for that.
I'm thinking of about a tablespoon worth, over ... I think these pots are about 6L, less than 2 gal.
But need to do a little more research.
Or 1/2 tablespoon plus the same again in the pH 8 chicken fert, for a little soon to be needed PK boost.
I recently got some 5.5 to 9.0 pH strips that are more fine tuned accurate than my last 1-14 strips, haha!

A teaspoon will raise 2 gallons of water one point, in my case :thumbsup:

Wow, great, yeah, that's the kind of info that is super helpful.
Weather data is indicating rainfall at around 5.3 average, rarely below 5 (OMG!!!) and sometimes up around 5.7 to 6.0.
So raising it one point, up to average of 6.3 may be about perfect.

Though... rains are heavy here, and so that amount will be constantly heavily diluted.
At least I have an idea now.

All four of the last batch of Strain 1 have popped from the coco starters.
They all look fairly healthy.
I have yet to decide what to do with them now.
Not enough space to put them directly into the bigger pots.
May put two seedlings per 1 L pot for now, that's big enough for up to 14 days.
I like two plants per pot for regs.
And by that time they'll go into the 7 L / almost 2 gal pots, and outside.

Hey Smokey!

It was kind of heavy for a bit, then suddenly back to sunny summer sunshine, then heavy rain again, haha.
I took a peek at them yesterday.
The top / FIM was going well, four main tops coming up, plus another lower branch or two, maybe 5-6 strong branches total.
The highest two stretched out a bit, maybe 15cm long. Total height (topped) maybe 35-40cm.
Fairly long internodal spacing, but that's good, they're outside, plenty of room, opens up the inside for light.
They're only on day ... 26 I think, and haven't sexed yet.
I really hope this is a lady, and then she can put on another 2-4 weeks of stretch.
Could in theory get a few really nice long colas from her.

We don't get droughts here at all. Even more so, don't compare us to most of Australian weather!
May usually has a lot of rain, then June is really ideal with most sunshine and little less rain.
Same maybe for early July.
But late July through August and even September is great sunshine, but often afternoon heavy thunderstorms and rain.
And during that time is the risk of typhoons, which aren't just massive rain, but winds that shred things.
Like Australian tropical cyclones, same kind of thing.
Maybe the weather is a bit like northern Queensland.
Never gets cold, often very hot, but lush and wet, prone to flooding if anything, and cyclones.

In recent news... looks like the very last 4 seeds of Strain 1 are popping out of the seed starters.
The strain 1 has been the winner in the end.
I will treat them the same as this present seedling, about 1.5 weeks / 10-11 days under lights.
Then into 7 L / 2 gal pots (prob use 2 plants / pot if they all go well), and outside they go.
Hey SM :pass:
Sounds like the weather is a bit loco with showers and then sun. I know its not like Australia, except northern Queensland, which would be more like your climate though it can have droughts up there also. That sounds nice so the summery months are the drier season. The typhoons woudl nto be good for the plants, but they should have some protection from the trees around them

I only just tried topping , haha i think i left it a bit late. That sounds nice 4 main colas, do hope she is a she and not a boy, Thats a fair pot to move around. Upside of your weather is you never had to worry about carrying water to your site. I am not sure amiga, what to do about your water, i never PH mine; Since Organic nutrients are slow release maybe they would not hurt, and theplant she may take it as she needs it. I am pretty new to the growing still December 2018 was my start date

Very nice miss.

What strain is she?

Hey Ribbzzy!
Long story short, I'm not 100% sure!!!!

I had some heat on me when I received the package, and was extremely flustered...
LBH sent me Auto Jack Herer, Auto La Gasolina, and Photo Thai Gold.
I labelled them Strain 1, 2 and 3, but don't know which number is which strain.

From the grows so far, I think that my Strain 1 is maybe the Thai Gold.
(If you go back a few pages here you can see a couple of these doing well.)
And I am guessing that this Strain 2 is maybe the Jack Herer.

But could be totally wrong.
Mainly basing my guesses off the strain info on the LBH site,
time to maturity, general genetic make up, flavors/tastes.

Hey Ribbzzy!
Long story short, I'm not 100% sure!!!!

I had some heat on me when I received the package, and was extremely flustered...
LBH sent me Auto Jack Herer, Auto La Gasolina, and Photo Thai Gold.
I labelled them Strain 1, 2 and 3, but don't know which number is which strain.

From the grows so far, I think that my Strain 1 is maybe the Thai Gold.
(If you go back a few pages here you can see a couple of these doing well.)
And I am guessing that this Strain 2 is maybe the Jack Herer.

But could be totally wrong.
Mainly basing my guesses off the strain info on the LBH site,
time to maturity, general genetic make up, flavors/tastes.
So there is a little ganja lottery taking place, and you've got the only winning ticket :crying:

That should actually be quite fun though, waiting in anticipation to see if you've chosen correct

Last edited:
So there is a little ganja lottery taking place, and you've got the only winning ticket :crying:

That should actually be quite fun though, waiting in anticipation to she if you've chosen correct

It is.
I got a male from the Strain 3, which pollinated Strain 1 a bit late (the male was a month younger...)
Have a bunch of not- mature seeds, but maybe get a couple that will sprout if I'm lucky.

Otherwise thinking about another bean order.
But my last bean orders were what brought down the heat, and I'm really stressing it...
because it could be some really fncking serious sh!t if that comes down on me...

Actually, the Strain 1 smoke is pretty good.
It's fairly up and active, sociable and fun.
Though the last time had a paranoia blast in the middle... exhilarating....

It is.
I got a male from the Strain 3, which pollinated Strain 1 a bit late (the male was a month younger...)
Have a bunch of not- mature seeds, but maybe get a couple that will sprout if I'm lucky.

Otherwise thinking about another bean order.
But my last bean orders were what brought down the heat, and I'm really stressing it...
because it could be some really fncking serious sh!t if that comes down on me...

Actually, the Strain 1 smoke is pretty good.
It's fairly up and active, sociable and fun.
Though the last time had a paranoia blast in the middle... exhilarating....
Hi SM, on the note on ordering seeds is it possible you could use an alternative address, i used my brothers office address when customs busted the order twice, never heard from them, i was still nervous. Or a trusted friends address, lol then i guess they could get in trouble, with the Covid 19, maybe the mail is better, sure took its time getting sponsered beans in - 1 month ! Sounds nice the smoke from Strain 1.

Hi SM, on the note on ordering seeds is it possible you could use an alternative address, i used my brothers office address when customs busted the order twice, never heard from them, i was still nervous. Or a trusted friends address, lol then i guess they could get in trouble, with the Covid 19, maybe the mail is better, sure took its time getting sponsered beans in - 1 month ! Sounds nice the smoke from Strain 1.

I don't have that option, really.
I've always done a fairly good job of keeping the number of people who know to the barest minimum.
And potentially putting others at risk is not my game.
Here is not like Aus, where if they intercept an order they'll destroy it, and maybe notify, but that's about it.
Here... they go straight to a personal call in.

Back