Can't keep a ganja girl down for long...
20200511 LBH No2 (1).jpg

This is the strain 2, water drop on 4/27, about 11 days from breaking soil.
Four beans in, 1 strong, another weak but improving.
Strong one just fimmed/topped after the 4th node.
Here they are in a mix of coco and rich potting mix with minor organic amendments.

Up-potted into a 7L (about 2gal) cloth bag.
20200511 LBH No2 (2).jpg

Mix is maybe 35% coco, 50% rich potting mix, 5% perlite/vermiculite, 10% vermi-compost and other organic amendments,
including kelp powder, diatomaceous earth, high-Ca chicken manure, myccorhizzae,
plus a hit of those "water crystals" because it's now hot outside and otherwise afraid the cloth bag will easily dry out.

Putting these outside in a minute, going for outdoor guerilla in a pot rather than in the earth.

And then maybe drop a few more beans of either strain 1 or strain 3 or both.

Love and hugs
~~Mary Jane

Hoping for a female, of course!

Thanks @Jraven ! Have you started your plants for the summer yet?
Or still too early in the Frozen North?

Checked out my planted-out LBH seedling, after a good heavy rain on it's first day outside.
Wet and soggy, but still quite alive. Sunshine for next few days -- it'll love the sun!

Meanwhile... also went back to the site where my earlier Round 1 LBH flowering girl was ripped.
At week 8, some asshole cut her main cola, far, far from being ripe.
At the time, the other nearby Round 2 LBH seedlings were on week 4.
Seeing it was ripped, and fearing worse, I avoided the site for a while.
But couldn't help myself, and went to check it out.

The rest of the ripped plant, a few lower branches, had filled in very nicely.
One of the younger plants was a male Strain 1, and his pollen sacks were spent...
So some of the buds are seeded, not sure whether the seeds will be mature though.
Cut down the buds and got the hell out of there.
11.5 weeks in total.
I don't think this strain #3 was the La Gasolina, not that kind of aroma at all.
Good aromas, fruity, sweet, very nice.
It may be the Thai Gold, which is a photo, not an auto.
Perhaps a bit more ripe than I am used to, not a single white pistil left.
But that is good, because I usually harvest too early.
No mold (shouldn't be, last two weeks very hot and sunny).

So those buds are drying now, glad to say.

And if I'm lucky, I may have some seeds.
Will wait until they are dried before checking.
Though the ones up top were still quite green.

And dropped the last 3 beans of the Strain 1.
After 24 hr soak, they are now in the soil.

Thanks @Jraven ! Have you started your plants for the summer yet?
Or still too early in the Frozen North?

Checked out my planted-out LBH seedling, after a good heavy rain on it's first day outside.
Wet and soggy, but still quite alive. Sunshine for next few days -- it'll love the sun!

Meanwhile... also went back to the site where my earlier Round 1 LBH flowering girl was ripped.
At week 8, some asshole cut her main cola, far, far from being ripe.
At the time, the other nearby Round 2 LBH seedlings were on week 4.
Seeing it was ripped, and fearing worse, I avoided the site for a while.
But couldn't help myself, and went to check it out.

The rest of the ripped plant, a few lower branches, had filled in very nicely.
One of the younger plants was a male Strain 1, and his pollen sacks were spent...
So some of the buds are seeded, not sure whether the seeds will be mature though.
Cut down the buds and got the hell out of there.
11.5 weeks in total.
I don't think this strain #3 was the La Gasolina, not that kind of aroma at all.
Good aromas, fruity, sweet, very nice.
It may be the Thai Gold, which is a photo, not an auto.
Perhaps a bit more ripe than I am used to, not a single white pistil left.
But that is good, because I usually harvest too early.
No mold (shouldn't be, last two weeks very hot and sunny).

So those buds are drying now, glad to say.

And if I'm lucky, I may have some seeds.
Will wait until they are dried before checking.
Though the ones up top were still quite green.

And dropped the last 3 beans of the Strain 1.
After 24 hr soak, they are now in the soil.
Just a few things sprouting in the seedling cabinet...super nice weather here so may be getting some very young ones into the greenhouse this week :pass:

LBH Selections, Round 3 -- Day 18

A week has past since that last photo, when those two Strain 2 seedlings were potted up and put outside in a new location.
That week has included some very hot and sunny days, and also some heavy downpours of rain as well.

How have those two seedlings handled it...?

20200518 LBH Selection Rnd 3 Strain 2 (1).jpg

20200518 LBH Selection Rnd 3 Strain 2 (2).jpg

Not the greatest photos. Just trying to get in there, check, and get out quickly.

The smaller plant is finished. Think it may have gotten crushed by the heavy rains.
But the taller plant is looking fine. Up to maybe 20+ cm tall, and it's been topped (or FIMmed, not sure which!)
Still wondering if the decision to top was a good one, may have to wait until the end to find out.
The main idea was, that after Round 1 plant got ripped, I wanted this to be very well hidden.

Looking very health though, nice color, very few attacks from bugs.
The branching on this plant seems slightly more than the earlier Strain 2 plants I had.
One of those turned out to be male, so I am hoping that is a good sign that this one is female.

Since it's only 18 days old, it should be at least another week of vegetative growth before flowering, maybe longer.
That should it time to put out those top branches, and get a bit shape on.
The inter-nodal length is fairly long, which will help.
Outside I have no space restrictions, so the more space she takes up the more it'll be open to light and room for flowers.

Love and hugs
~SM
:love:

PS: Just went back in the thread to compare with Round 1 and Round 2 plants on Day 18...
Wow! This seedling here is just so much stronger and bigger!
Part is just the weather, it's late spring / early summer, as opposed to end of winter / early spring.
Plus this one being in a pot of very nice organic soil, coco and nutrients, mycco, etc.
I have my hopes back high and smiling!!!!

Last edited:
Fantastic news to hear you growing again SM, and i agree a very healthy looking plant and great she is much bigger than the previous grow at day 18. Glad you got some bud also :pass: :woohoo:

Thanks @smokeyfromau ! Weather has been pretty sh!t since then. Rain, rain and more rain.
At least in that cloth pot it won't fill / flood with water.
But with the "water crystals" inside, having constantly soaked roots isn't ideal.
Though I can say (from past experience) constantly soaked roots won't necessarily lead to a disaster.
My "Spring Madness Autos" (in signature line) were like that, too. Similar time of year, but even more water.

Thanks @smokeyfromau ! Weather has been pretty sh!t since then. Rain, rain and more rain.
At least in that cloth pot it won't fill / flood with water.
But with the "water crystals" inside, having constantly soaked roots isn't ideal.
Though I can say (from past experience) constantly soaked roots won't necessarily lead to a disaster.
My "Spring Madness Autos" (in signature line) were like that, too. Similar time of year, but even more water.
Hi mi amiga, gosh i thought you weather was better, seems other friends are also experiencing cold and wet also. Here overcast, tries to rain, we need it again but yeah cloudy sucks as no energy for plants. Cloth would be ideal in a wet environment. Water crystals are in my pots also, not a fan of it them really. As long as the water gets away the damp roots may not be as bad, i was just looking at your Spring madness auto thread. I dont think you get droughts there . Hope the next time the weather picks up, sounds lovely where you go to smoke, i like if possible I like to get to the national parks and smoke there.

Hi mi amiga, gosh i thought you weather was better, seems other friends are also experiencing cold and wet also. Here overcast, tries to rain, we need it again but yeah cloudy sucks as no energy for plants. Cloth would be ideal in a wet environment. Water crystals are in my pots also, not a fan of it them really. As long as the water gets away the damp roots may not be as bad, i was just looking at your Spring madness auto thread. I dont think you get droughts there . Hope the next time the weather picks up, sounds lovely where you go to smoke, i like if possible I like to get to the national parks and smoke there.

Hey Smokey!

It was kind of heavy for a bit, then suddenly back to sunny summer sunshine, then heavy rain again, haha.
I took a peek at them yesterday.
The top / FIM was going well, four main tops coming up, plus another lower branch or two, maybe 5-6 strong branches total.
The highest two stretched out a bit, maybe 15cm long. Total height (topped) maybe 35-40cm.
Fairly long internodal spacing, but that's good, they're outside, plenty of room, opens up the inside for light.
They're only on day ... 26 I think, and haven't sexed yet.
I really hope this is a lady, and then she can put on another 2-4 weeks of stretch.
Could in theory get a few really nice long colas from her.

We don't get droughts here at all. Even more so, don't compare us to most of Australian weather!
May usually has a lot of rain, then June is really ideal with most sunshine and little less rain.
Same maybe for early July.
But late July through August and even September is great sunshine, but often afternoon heavy thunderstorms and rain.
And during that time is the risk of typhoons, which aren't just massive rain, but winds that shred things.
Like Australian tropical cyclones, same kind of thing.
Maybe the weather is a bit like northern Queensland.
Never gets cold, often very hot, but lush and wet, prone to flooding if anything, and cyclones.

In recent news... looks like the very last 4 seeds of Strain 1 are popping out of the seed starters.
The strain 1 has been the winner in the end.
I will treat them the same as this present seedling, about 1.5 weeks / 10-11 days under lights.
Then into 7 L / 2 gal pots (prob use 2 plants / pot if they all go well), and outside they go.

Back