Just received, and set up 2, Mars 300

Fuggzy

Perfectly Flawed
Reaction score
Hi guys, I just wanted to stop in and do a lil' unboxing/showing. I ordered my lights off the E'bs and got the 2 for $137 deal. The order was placed on 5/26/16, and I received it today on 6/3/16. It would have been here sooner if it where not for the holiday. The packages where packaged pretty well, and snug. I liked how the even used the cardboard shims to take out the last bit of slack in the packaging. I have to admit, the packaging was much more secure than I expected. As described there was 1 LED panel, 1 power cord, and 1 light hanger per box. The boxes where also discreet with only shipping labels, and fragile stickers. All the diodes work, and the fan is running, near silently at that. The light is not even audible over my vent fans.

DSCN2924[1].JPG DSCN2925[1].JPG DSCN2926[1].JPG DSCN2928[1].JPG DSCN2929[1].JPG DSCN2930[1].JPG DSCN2932[1].JPG

So for the current setup, they will be ran with a 600w hps. I am using a 4x4 tens, and in total the Mars puts me at ~880 watts. I still have to do some working the tent, but this is going to be the basic setup...
DSCN2937[1].JPG DSCN2943[1].JPG

To be honest at the price point of this model, you can't beat it. It worked out to $0.73/watt. The shipping time was decent considering the holiday, and they are rather light so it's easy to hang. I'll add an update pic in the morning, and see if there any great responses.

Those look real nice.... I've been interested in those lights as maybe added light for my greenhouse.

Good luck with them! I bought 2 about a month apart. I wanted to make sure I liked it I guess, lol. I haven't harvested any bud with them yet, but I'm close. All that light is going to rock those girls world! :biggrin:

Good luck with them! I bought 2 about a month apart. I wanted to make sure I liked it I guess, lol. I haven't harvested any bud with them yet, but I'm close. All that light is going to rock those girls world! :biggrin:
Thats awesome man, how do you like them so far? I have had a positive result in about 12 hours. The ladies are praying. I did move the whole fixture up some, and raised a few pots to even it out. The blue Kush auto in the back was pointing way up. There was already damage on the Blue Kush (taller plant), and it is not related to the light... The shorter plant is a Bubba Kush auto by Dina.

DSCN2948[1].JPG
DSCN2949[1].JPG

I did replace 2 of the cables on each light with plastic coated cables. I have the back of the light hooked around my duct, and the bare cable was a bit rough. Other than that it is doing pretty good so far. The front cables are hooked to the hps hangers, so they raise together, then I just angle them with the back cables/hangers.

DSCN2951[1].JPG

This is the Bubba... Dramatic improvement over night, well our night, it's been lights on the entire time.
DSCN2952[1].JPG

Looking great man! The only neg. thing I've noticed is compared to running one as opposed to running 2 is that my babies seemed to like it better when I was using just one, along with 2 43 watt clf's. The cfl's were hung on a y splitter about 12 inches over top and I had larger leaves and really good growth, (I'll post a couple pics to show what I mean). Since I've added a 2nd light and removed cfl's, it don't seem like my new seedlings are growing as well. Then again, I didn't try raising or lowering to see if there was any change. :baked:

This is the way I had it set up before buying the 2nd light.
IMG_20160423_203911.jpg

This pic was taken after I added 2nd Mars led. See the 3 plants in the white grow bags? They were started March 11 under the cfl's.
IMG_20160530_145115.jpg

Same plants 2 days ago and the 2nd day they have been outside. Also, I checked yesterday, and all were on there 6th node, (the best growth I've had in 3 weeks or less). Oh yeah, it's 3 different strains too!
IMG_20160601_100822.jpg

Last edited:
Hi guys, I just wanted to stop in and do a lil' unboxing/showing. I ordered my lights off the E'bs and got the 2 for $137 deal. The order was placed on 5/26/16, and I received it today on 6/3/16. It would have been here sooner if it where not for the holiday. The packages where packaged pretty well, and snug. I liked how the even used the cardboard shims to take out the last bit of slack in the packaging. I have to admit, the packaging was much more secure than I expected. As described there was 1 LED panel, 1 power cord, and 1 light hanger per box. The boxes where also discreet with only shipping labels, and fragile stickers. All the diodes work, and the fan is running, near silently at that. The light is not even audible over my vent fans.

View attachment 578958 View attachment 578959 View attachment 578960 View attachment 578962 View attachment 578963 View attachment 578964 View attachment 578965

So for the current setup, they will be ran with a 600w hps. I am using a 4x4 tens, and in total the Mars puts me at ~880 watts. I still have to do some working the tent, but this is going to be the basic setup...
View attachment 578966 View attachment 578967
Looking great man. Hey I have a 600w hps and wanted to add two 300 mars leds my question would be did u notice any more heat after adding these ?

Looking great man. Hey I have a 600w hps and wanted to add two 300 mars leds my question would be did u notice any more heat after adding these ?
Not really, my temp fluctuation went up by MAYBE 1 degree, but they don't touch the 600w really.

Not really, my temp fluctuation went up by MAYBE 1 degree, but they don't touch the 600w really.
Word homie. I have been fighting my 600hps all summer. It's a dimmable from 400-1000 but I figured it might be better to grab to leds rather then turn it up to 1000 for flowering. Got 9 under the 600 now just for veg

Back