Status
Not open for further replies.
Nature is the best inspiration, you an H.R. Giger fan? One of my all time favorite artists. I picked up the airbrush at 14 because of him.

Waira, get off the weed drugs!! You called me by the wrong name again you cad!! :crying::crying:
You're sleeping on the couch tonight...

You must have seen a lot of these Waira, pretty much bred for 100% fasciation in the flowers, and stems often showed it too. Celosia.

iu

iu
HR one my favs too, Aliens from Ridley Scott had HR as designer, I so want to go to his museum/ bar in EU

:paleo:I'm a multi-tab posting caveman RG,= beat me whip me make me write bad checks! :crying: :naughtystep: :condom:pardon the confusion!.......huh, on the couch again,.. you mean for a change?! :rofl:

Giger has tripped me out since the 80's! there's some pretty kinky-twisted sex art he's done to, as you know,...:rofl:... but yeah, the anatomical/biological aspects of his art is fascinating to me, he's perfect for the sci-fi genre in this sense! Very alien indeed,...:thumbsup:

I love Celosia's, another fascinating flower manifestation.. the colors' richness, and the variable floral structural forms they can take is also amazing! That "giant clam half shell" form is one of my fav's....

HR one my favs too, Aliens from Ridley Scott had HR as designer, I so want to go to his museum/ bar in EU

Yup, he also did design work for Dune, but they didn't use his work. Some sculptures (like the throne) from the designs are in his museum. Also a museum in Japan but the original of course is in Switzerland. Oh also work for Poltergeist, and some other design work. Best known for the Aliens franchise as you state tho.
:paleo:I'm a multi-tab posting caveman RG,= beat me whip me make me write bad checks! :crying: :naughtystep: :condom:pardon the confusion!.......huh, on the couch again,.. you mean for a change?! :rofl:

Giger has tripped me out since the 80's! there's some pretty kinky-twisted sex art he's done to, as you know,...:rofl:... but yeah, the anatomical/biological aspects of his art is fascinating to me, he's perfect for the sci-fi genre in this sense! Very alien indeed,...:thumbsup:

I love Celosia's, another fascinating flower manifestation.. the colors' richness, and the variable floral structural forms they can take is also amazing! That "giant clam half shell" form is one of my fav's....

Multi-tab? More like multi-CAD you heart breaking wanderer.... :sad:

OK I'll stop, people are getting suspicious...

Why am I not surprised you are also a fan? And yes, many of his paintings have a very sexual overtone to them. Even one or two scenes in the original Alien (maybe the second as well) were dissected and presented as rape/horror. I myself am unconvinced, but I also don't go Freudian on that kind of thing...
"As you know" Lolol you implying I'm a Pervy? I am a Saint, good sir.. :crying:

I love Celosia's too. Odd how many plants I have never grown myself, but in the industry really enjoyed.

Yup, he also did design work for Dune, but they didn't use his work. Some sculptures (like the throne) from the designs are in his museum. Also a museum in Japan but the original of course is in Switzerland. Oh also work for Poltergeist, and some other design work. Best known for the Aliens franchise as you state tho.

Multi-tab? More like multi-CAD you heart breaking wanderer.... :sad:

OK I'll stop, people are getting suspicious...

Why am I not surprised you are also a fan? And yes, many of his paintings have a very sexual overtone to them. Even one or two scenes in the original Alien (maybe the second as well) were dissected and presented as rape/horror. I myself am unconvinced, but I also don't go Freudian on that kind of thing...
"As you know" Lolol you implying I'm a Pervy? I am a Saint, good sir.. :crying:

I love Celosia's too. Odd how many plants I have never grown myself, but in the industry really enjoyed.
Yea, but the Aliens dropped HR and pretty much stole his works for the franchise. He was in big battle with the studios to. But I was really happy Ridley Scott came back with Prometheus and Alien Covenant, explains a lot about Aliens Franchise

I liked Dune and the Children of Dune

Yea, but the Aliens dropped HR and pretty much stole his works for the franchise. He was in big battle with the studios to. But I was really happy Ridley Scott came back with Prometheus and Alien Covenant, explains a lot about Aliens Franchise

I liked Dune and the Children of Dune

That was a big fight, and I think they added his name as the original designer to the 3rd and 4th movies after when they were released? I can't recall.
I love the prequels, I just watched Covenant again a couple nights ago.

:coffee: g'day kidz, hopin everybody'z happee, healthy & high! :smoking: ppp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back