Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess post were deleted all I saw was him saying that he wont kiss ass. I'm with him on that. I hope i don't get banned, been fired many of times for speaking my mind and don't regret it. The thing is after everything settled down they begged for me to come back. Even gave raises. I would rep him for standing up if I could. To many people get walked all over and if they just stand up then it stops usually.

Did got think to check in with him and ask why he posted what he did? Maybe an inbox message was what triggered it, all I can say is I think there was more to the story than what we are seeing. I have seen mods myelf first hand bash on another, but I'm not a snitch so I don't report. Maybe the mods need some looking into. Just because walmart still has customers doesn't mean they are doing everything right...

We've been doing this for nearly a decade with all due respect I think we have a pretty good handle on dealing with childish attitudes.

I guess post were deleted all I saw was him saying that he wont kiss ass. I'm with him on that. I hope i don't get banned, been fired many of times for speaking my mind and don't regret it. The thing is after everything settled down they begged for me to come back. Even gave raises. I would rep him for standing up if I could. To many people get walked all over and if they just stand up then it stops usually.

Did got think to check in with him and ask why he posted what he did? Maybe an inbox message was what triggered it, all I can say is I think there was more to the story than what we are seeing. I have seen mods myelf first hand bash on another, but I'm not a snitch so I don't report. Maybe the mods need some looking into. Just because walmart still has customers doesn't mean they are doing everything right...

I actually think you make a great point. Banning does seem rather harsh since not kissing asses is also my preference.

I feel that the major mistake of his was to throw accusations to a very reputable vendor whom many vouch for. He also implicated AFN into it which made it worse. Vendor is on holiday so cannot even defend himself. Besides, the fail rate has yet to be determined with a large enough sample size. Not forgetting, those were free beans so why so pissed? Lastly, the hacked rumour he threw out really lacks any credibility especially since the supposed hack was weeks ago and we're hearing bout it now? It also creates unwanted paranoia. If true, many would be ruined!

After considering all the above, the ban seems fair although lesser measures couldve been used.

Also, admin made it clear that we are guests. I guess if I come in your house and accuse you of stuff, its probably fair that you kick me out and not allow me in anymore. Of course, you could also be cool about it and gimme another chance. Thats all im sayin..

Hey EQ :d5: .. I hear where your coming from, and you've got a cool head.

I think there's only so many chances you can give someone.
Removed from levels twice!! ..not once ... TWICE!!! (someone gave him a second chance (hell...probably and third and fourth chance ...maybe more!) )
Countless reported posts. (countless!!!)
Countless hours spent by Mods and Admin clearning up his often rude posts.

This is over a long period of time and no "surprize" to any staff member who can see the reports or have had to clear up the nonsense.
People don't "Just" get banned from AFN, we're one of the most tollerant bunch of moderators around.

I'm (i guess) regarded as one of the most relaxed and empathetic of the mods/admin ... and probably fought his corner before at some point. So did the Boss lady yesterday afternoon ... gave him the chance to slip out of the heat he was creating for himself.

As you say .. If you go into someones house and forget your manners.. you'll probably get bounced rather quickly .... If you repeatedly do it over time ... there's only so many times people will have empathy / sympathy.

If someone's determined to create drama, give bad vibes and cause malcontent - they're probably going to get banned!

I only wrote so much, as some people's misunderstanding are making the Admin look bullish or heavy handed. There's been about 3 members banned in the last 6 months odd (apart from the spammers) .. and they've all deserved it.

Hope this doesn't fuel anymore malcontent. I just thought i'd like to stand up for the (volunteer) Mods and Admin who do a very civil job of keeping members happy and the Vibe stong!!

:bighug:

Removed from levels twice!! ..not once ... TWICE!!! (someone gave him a second chance (hell...probably and third and fourth chance ...maybe more!) )

Even I know once removed from levels you are done. Which is the main reason I dont get into it. Couple failed ladies and its over. No need to bad mouth a guy who can't even stand up for himself. Seems some are being bullish here and its not the growers.

Ya'll a lot my tolerant than I am. I run a couple FB pages that are "family friendly". Even though the average 6 year olds vocabulary is filthier than mine, I don't allow cussin. My page, my rules, you don't like em- don't let the screen door hit you.

Even I know once removed from levels you are done. Which is the main reason I dont get into it. Couple failed ladies and its over. No need to bad mouth a guy who can't even stand up for himself. Seems some are being bullish here and its not the growers.
Guess I better stop I dont want to join him, also wont stand for behind the back talking. So please lets just leave it up to admins. Sorry if I stepped on anyones toes.

Oh afn gods and goddesses, we doth beseech you for a viable afn chatroom!

hear hear! :biggrin:

and wow, me go to sleep for a night, and all of a sudden, there'z asteroidz striking, alienz landing & god knowz what else happening! :rofl:

anyhoo, gm kidz & have a great humpday! :coffee: ppp

I'm all for the mods keeping the vibe strong. This place is usually a refuge from lifes ups and downs for me...not that life has to be all nice and pretty but there should be a limit to how much a person can spread the negative stuff around.
Hey LS how is the summer treating everyone. Taking life pretty easy here:toke::pass:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back